P160 soft

I know that a few of you have tried this soap from the now famous conuk incident. :lol:
Well I got my hands on some recently and have been really impressed. It's a very soft soap, something like a very stiff cream but definitely not like a soap that I'm used to. I've been using a fairly wet Omega 49 to lather it up, firstly from the bowl and finishing on my face. The lather it creates is fantastic, lots of cushion like a cream but with the slip and density of a soap. It doesn't dry out quickly and there is plenty there for 3+ passes if you need them. I'd rate this amongst some of the best soaps or creams that I've tried.
I've also tried the Valobra and Cella soft soaps but in my opinion this is the best of them. My only criticism is the lack of more scents, this stuff has the same almond scent as the other Italian soaps and although not unpleasant (unless you hate marzipan) it would be nice to have more choices, like a rose or sandalwood maybe.
I'd also like to say thanks to Paul of Connaught Shaving for making a manageable size piece available in a lovely wooden bowl. However much you like this soap a one kilo size brick can be a bit on the large size!

Big thumbs up from me. :D

cheers

Pete

it was actually the smell of the P160 that put me off.

i got a sample of it from the shave den, i wondered if the Valobra was any good as they do a menthol version?

glad you enjoyed yours though Pete

The Valobra soft soap is nice but not as good imo as the P160. However I have noticed the menthol and they also have a fougere version as well. Fair play to them giving a bit of variety.
My favourite Valobra product is their hard shave stick which is a different soap altogether, in fact it's one of the best I've tried. Another product worth looking at is their bath soap, try TKMaxx who sometimes have it in. It is superb.

Pete

The Valobra stick is not almond, in fact it's hard to describe. Just sort of soapy? Nothing fierce, anyway.
Apart from the price it is up there with WS, Palmolive, Speick and La Toja.

Pete

I agree its the best of the Italian soft soaps I've tried and although the scent is strong straight out of the box it really is very mild once you start lathering with it, very pleasant indeed and the lather is luxurious and very easy to generate. Actually I think I'd prefer to call it a hard cream because it really does behave like one...worth a try.

I suppose you could always use some Amaretto as a splash...sweet.

Back
Top Bottom