Ouch! First shave done !!

Ok just a few bits of advice needed after my first, close but a bit sore, shave ! I used some EJ shave cream and however much i used i struggled to get a thick lather or very much of it ! I am not sure whether it was my brush (synthetic) or my technique but i could only apply a thin lather. then i did 3 passes, WTG, XTG & ATG. Had a few minor nicks but felt ok. After rinsing with cold water i decided to use a bit of alum on my face which felt a little sore, but it wasnt until i used a bit of balm did the pain kick in !! Sitting here now with a slightly hot and stinging face !! Though i gotta say it feels smooth (when i dare touch it !!) :oops:

stick with the grain for now and remember not to apply any pressure.it will get better the more you get the technique down.have a look at the mantic vid on beard mapping to make sure you don't go against the grain.Good luck.

ABSOLUTELY NO ATG. Just 2 downward or WTG passes only for the moment. You'll be sore alright.

Give your face a day off, study and practice with the lathering guides

It'll probably take a few goes with your new brush to break it in.

I recently replaced my Men-U brush, and the 1st few lathers were rubbish. Stick with it. Lots of good advice to be had on this forum.

selecta said:
Ok just a few bits of advice needed after my first, close but a bit sore, shave ! I used some EJ shave cream and however much i used i struggled to get a thick lather or very much of it ! I am not sure whether it was my brush (synthetic) or my technique but i could only apply a thin lather. then i did 3 passes, WTG, XTG & ATG. Had a few minor nicks but felt ok. After rinsing with cold water i decided to use a bit of alum on my face which felt a little sore, but it wasnt until i used a bit of balm did the pain kick in !! Sitting here now with a slightly hot and stinging face !! Though i gotta say it feels smooth (when i dare touch it !!) :oops:

Practicing lathering. It breaks in the brush and enables you to experiment with different amounts of water. You will soon be generating decent lather. Light touch with the razor until you really get used to it.

With
The
Grain

for now, 2 passes and that's enough.

i'll tell you what i tell all new starters, shave with your old razor, mach3 or whatever, while getting the hang of making proper lather.

and definately watch all of the videos mantic has on youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7Aj9vwrtc&feature=PlayList&p=2BE508536D2BC496&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom