OSX Yosemite Mail Problems

Anyone upgraded to Yosemite and having trouble with Mail?

I have 2 mail accounts running on it, a Virgin media one which is an old
blueyonder.co.uk account and a gmail.com account.

The gmail account is fine but the blueyonder account is playing up?

It won't connect and says "The server returned the error: Connections to the server “imap4.blueyonder.co.uk” on the default ports timed out"

I started getting this soon after upgrading (not straight away) re-entered the username and password and all was well.
But now it's coming up with this.
I have also had it come up with the "certificate for this account is not valid" or something similar.

Never had a single problem on Mavericks.[/align]

I don't know why people insist on using crap ISP email addresses. I have found all of them flaky at best. Your best off removing the account and adding it back in.

Just been having a dig around the internet and it might be a problem with Yosemite setting it up as a imap4 account when it was previously a pop3 account.
I will try manually setting it up.

I have tried your suggestion matt but the problem came back again.

I have been using this account without a single glitch since OS X Tiger.

jaycey said:
Just been having a dig around the internet and it might be a problem with Yosemite setting it up as a imap4 account when it was previously a pop3 account.
I will try manually setting it up.

I have tried your suggestion matt but the problem came back again.

I have been using this account without a single glitch since OS X Tiger.

I've always found in every version of OSX ISP emails only last a month before having to remove and re-add.

I know Yosemite has added dynamic account healing to update settings behind the scenes. If you need to trick the auto setup just enter jargon letters into all the fields and you can manually setup from there.

Back
Top Bottom