Opinions Please....

What do those who have use Trumpers soaps make of them compared with say DR Harris soaps?
Has anyone use the Taylors Herbal aftershave cream? Whats is like compared with say Proraso?

Many thanks....

I like Trumper soaps a lot. They perform about the same as Harris soaps for me - however, the Harris soaps do lather a little better. The fragrance of Harris soaps are lovely (especially Arlington), and I was less impressed by the Trumper scents, but their Rose and Violet soaps are very nice - up there with Cade in the scent department for me. Trumper's Lime soap was my first "proper" shaving soap so maybe that's why I have a soft spot for them. FWIW, my lady loves the Trumper Coconut soap for her legs and if I was going to buy a top shelf British soap, it'd probably be Trumper Rose.
I should add that using Harris soaps repeatedly gave me irritation, despite the high quality of shaves. I believe I am sensitive to some of their fragrances, so that's a real shame and is probably partially to blame for me picking Trumper.

Never tried the herbal aftershave - I thought it was scentless, but now i'm not sure.

Harris gives me a slightly more cushioning lather and is gentler on the skin (tallow, lanolin). My face is happier with DRH, but for scents Trumper is superior IMO (limes, sandalwood, rose).

You're right: the newer refills no longer do. But lanolin used to be in there, back in the days when tallow was ingredient n°1.

Aah, I might have to give them another go - maybe the lanolin was the source of my irritation. Thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom