Only two soaps.

The ingredients lists are identical but Kent describe their soap as; "A fine fougere fragrance based around Patchouli, enhanced with extracts of Lavender, Pine and Clove on a spicy base of Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla and Musk"
That's not how I (or Mitchells) would describe MWF.

Have you tried both? Is it the same soap with a different scent or are Kent being a bit "artistic" with their description?
I've used both and, as far as I could tell, they were the same and had the same scent. Unfortunately they didn't agree with my skin and therefore it has been a couple of years since I used them. Perhaps someone could confirm that the current formulation is still the same?

I've used both and, as far as I could tell, they were the same and had the same scent. Unfortunately they didn't agree with my skin and therefore it has been a couple of years since I used them. Perhaps someone could confirm that the current formulation is still the same?
Maybe the all encompassing word "parfum" in the ingredients lists is the difference, I can get soap and vanilla in the MWF but nothing else.

It might be Tabac for the daily, although, the Palmolive Stick got a run out this morning (it was raining around my way, so the mood was right), and I continued to be annoyed by how well this thing performs. I disliked this soap with quite a passion, and it's just a pain in the proverbial to find myself coming back round to it.

I would have thought that OSP Neroli may fill the luxury slot, but at the moment, P&B Albion is playing a fine array of shots. Very hard not to pick him.

As it stands for me, currently;

• Warm days: P&B Denali
  • Cold days: P&B Sankrit...
If I had to have one soap for both, it would probably be Fine Platinum, but that's just muddying the water. Too much choice, too little time...

I haven't tried the Kent, how does it compare?
Is it actually cheaper? Shave Lounge has MWF for £6.95 shipped.

They are exactly the same, Bluebeards Revenge also sell it (repackaged, of course!) I've seen the Kent branded refill pucks as low as £4.99 each.

Last edited:
Daily
il_570xN.897387435_ivm5.jpg

Weekends
c7662cfd8c7e379aef0414cef51baea3.jpg

Hold up... are mwf and kent the same product?

Just on this MWF/Kent point, there's so much debate online about it being hard to lather.

I bought a refill of the Kent as a result of reading this thread. Wet the soap, waited 2 mins, got stuck in with my Omega 48 board brush with London water and the thing turned into a great lather monster tsunami. Day 2 was even better.

So, that ends the debate as far as I am concerned (YMMNV - "Your mileage may not vary")

Back
Top Bottom