Only one soap

It isn't as difficult as you may think, I can understand wanting just one soap and I'm happy to do just that. I stopped buying soap a long time ago. I wouldn't want to restrict myself to one maker. I'd use one to completion then buy another from another maker, just for interest. I'd get about 2 months out of a soap if I only had one so I wouldn't get bored.

After you’ve tried many, you’ll eventually settle down to a few ‘old standbys’. Or maybe even one. Just expect it to take over decade or so to get there. At least.

I myself have reached a point where I’m happy with ‘just’ some Proraso soap, TOBS sandalwood cream, Palmolive cream and local Dutch soap De Vergulde Hand.

I'm the same. I have more soaps and cream than I can ever possibly use. But I bought 3 soaps the other week, because someone on here mentioned them. yes I am weak.

Like everyone, I like buying soaps and creams. However, I hate having several, and long to get them down to one! An odd problem I think!
I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d get bored with just one. Same with razors, and blades. Even finding my perfect setup, I’d still want a bit of variety. That said, I’m trying not to accumulate any more gear for a while as I need to make some space, as well as economise more, so will just work through what I have for the time being and try not to immediately be tempted with replacing it!

Since my original post, I decided to treat myself to some creams! Aqua do parma, musgo real, proraso and body shop. I love them all and decided to use them one by one.
All kept away from my bathroom out of sight. .
I am a bit wary of their shelf life after opening, but load a large brush quite heavily and will enjoy the next year.

I quit fighting it. The best I could do was move some of the hard soaps I don't use often into the shower. That resulted in me having to buy another shower caddy to put up in the shower to hold some of that stuff.

I reached that point where I have collected enough and now buying a new set only if I finish or sell one.
Going down to one will be extremely difficult but not impossible. Find your favourite, yours absolute best one and then sell all the others!