Only one soap

It isn't as difficult as you may think, I can understand wanting just one soap and I'm happy to do just that. I stopped buying soap a long time ago. I wouldn't want to restrict myself to one maker. I'd use one to completion then buy another from another maker, just for interest. I'd get about 2 months out of a soap if I only had one so I wouldn't get bored.

After you’ve tried many, you’ll eventually settle down to a few ‘old standbys’. Or maybe even one. Just expect it to take over decade or so to get there. At least.

I myself have reached a point where I’m happy with ‘just’ some Proraso soap, TOBS sandalwood cream, Palmolive cream and local Dutch soap De Vergulde Hand.

It was all going so well (OK, no it wasn't) until Sharon came back with Nannies. Now I've 3 samples incoming of her creams. At least I could satisfy my curiosity without buying 3 whole tubs. I did not need any more software in the first place. It's absolutely soapless even trying.
I'm the same. I have more soaps and cream than I can ever possibly use. But I bought 3 soaps the other week, because someone on here mentioned them.:ROFLMAO: yes I am weak. :)

Like everyone, I like buying soaps and creams. However, I hate having several, and long to get them down to one! An odd problem I think!
I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d get bored with just one. Same with razors, and blades. Even finding my perfect setup, I’d still want a bit of variety. That said, I’m trying not to accumulate any more gear for a while as I need to make some space, as well as economise more, so will just work through what I have for the time being and try not to immediately be tempted with replacing it!

Since my original post, I decided to treat myself to some creams! Aqua do parma, musgo real, proraso and body shop. I love them all and decided to use them one by one.
All kept away from my bathroom out of sight. .
I am a bit wary of their shelf life after opening, but load a large brush quite heavily and will enjoy the next year.

I quit fighting it. The best I could do was move some of the hard soaps I don't use often into the shower. That resulted in me having to buy another shower caddy to put up in the shower to hold some of that stuff.

I reached that point where I have collected enough and now buying a new set only if I finish or sell one.
Going down to one will be extremely difficult but not impossible. Find your favourite, yours absolute best one and then sell all the others!

Back
Top Bottom