One-off payment photo editing software

I always have my camera set to RAW and JPG and looking at the Affinity interface it looks a lot more user-friendly than Gimp and Rawtherapee and certainly less busy on a smaller screen. That suits me down to the ground. I like to capture the photos, bang the Sd card straight into my Macbook Air, review them, edit and save the ones I like most and then back them up onto an external HDD. No internet connection needed.

There's plenty of how to video's on Youtube if you get stuck and for £25 it's a bargain

I have used Skylum products for some years, primarly 'Luminar' which as a stand alone is brilliant. Used to have an Adobe subscription but got fed up paying over £100 per year - and I rarely used 'Photoshop'. That current latest version is 'Luminar 4' which is excellent with a lot of AI now coming in which dratically cuts the time required for great images. They have a serious new version coming out in December, 'Luminar AI' which can be pre-ordered and looks really good. It is worth checking the Skylum site for details. I have tried GIMP which is a great product but a bit too much like 'Photoshop' which I never really got to grips with. It is really a matter of what suits your needs (and budget). Good luck with whatever route you go down.

I rather prefer Photivo and RawTherapee in general. But I also like DXO PhotoLab. Its Prime noise reduction is very good.