One Of My Kits

Hi Guys

I won this on the 'bay a while back and thought to share it with you as the storyline is kinda interesting. I'd been wanting a self enclosed kit for some time and this one was in very good shape. So I bid and eventually won. In my communications with the seller I found out a bit of history concerning the set and its' owner.

First, the kit was given to the sellers' father for his 21st birthday. This was during the war where the dad was in training for the RAF. He was stationed in Regina, SK, which is the city I'm now living in. The other part which is an interesting happenstance, is the fathers' last name was Procter. The street I live on is Procter Place. I'm pretty sure it wasn't named after him but it's still a pretty cool coincidence.

So you have a shaving kit given to a young man on his birthday 70 odd years ago, it travels with him back to England where it's eventually sold to me. It then travels back to where it started and resides on a street that bears the original owners name.

It's the kit I take with me when I travel although I've replaced the original shaving brush with a newer one. I've also packed the hair brush away seeing as how I don't have anything to brush and now use the space for shave balm, blades etc.

Cheers
[attachment=3832][attachment=3833][attachment=3834]

Attachments

• P1000864.JPG
    P1000864.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P1000861.JPG
    P1000861.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 43
  • P1000863.JPG
    P1000863.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 35
Thats a nice kit.
My travel kit had a little note in it in lovely copperplate writing saying it was a present from an aunt and uncle for someones 21st.
No date, no other details, and the seller I got it off picked it up themselves in a charity shop, so it wasnt their family.
Still, its nice to know that its still doing the job it was made to do all those years ago and still doing it well.

Back
Top Bottom