Omega shaving cream and bristle brush

Anybody any idea what model the Omega brush is that comes in this Omega cream and brush set?

I've ordered some of the cream as I've ran out of Proraso and read that they are pretty much the same. I'll be interested to try the cream and see how it compares with Proraso, which is my favourite cream. Also keen to hear opinions from anyone who's used the brush.

Jim,

If it's the set with a red brush it's 80265. The 800xx along with more expensive 310xx and 21047 brushes are specially treated in that the tufts tips are dressed allowing them to split more easily while the 100xx series are dressed and chemically treated.

No tried either yet Ivan. I was away in Gabon with work last week (took a palmolive stick, Men-u boar brush and Bic metal razors with me) and tried the La Toja shave stick I'd just received when I got back. I'll report back when I've given them a go.

It's not even been used. :oops: A travesty really. Just have never gotten around to it, I should give it a go to see what an Omega boar is like. I'll make a conscious effort to, although I've the new Semogue that I'm breaking in at the moment so there might not be much room in the rotation.

No worries you're not alone there I've got a handful of Omega that need break-in as well as others.

What Smogue model would this be? The LE, SOC or others?

BTW what do you think of Omega's soap?

SiR-ed8 said:
No worries you're not alone there I've got a handful of Omega that need break-in as well as others.

What Smogue model would this be? The LE, SOC or others?

BTW what do you think of Omega's soap?

Both the new badger LE and the blue plugged custom boar, that photo you posted up before was one I took of the two new brushes in question. I was specifically taking about the boar though. The Omega cream is excellent, just like Proraso as others have said, and I find it to be one of the best I've used.

I've never used the 1350 so can't comment on that one. The 830 is pretty well broken in I think, I used it more or less exclusively for 4-5 months and it's been used regularly for another 4-5 months as well.

Back
Top Bottom