Oldest wet shaving forums

Hey we started on badger and blade, until we were all band

Hehe. That brings back memories. I remember resorting to 'PM-ing' various UK members because of the threat of being banned if posting on the public forums. Can't even remember why now. Luckily, TSR was born and never needed to look back.

Hehe. That brings back memories. I remember resorting to 'PM-ing' various UK members because of the threat of being banned if posting on the public forums. Can't even remember why now. Luckily, TSR was born and never needed to look back.

I was told by more than one B&B mod that private messages were also under the TOU. I have also been told by members that the mods read PMs and that some have gotten in trouble for what was said in PMs.
Buncha dirty bastages! :mad:

I am banned from Rat-n-Sickle. (badger & blade)

I've asked on the other forums that I've listed(not all of the since I'm registered to 8 only) and it seems that the chronological order is:
1. Straightrazorplace forum(now sharprazorpalace)
2. Shavemyface forum
3. Badger and blade forum
4. The shave den forum(was created in 2007)
5. Theshavingroom.co,uk forum(was created in 2009)
6. Subreddit wicked_edge(was created in 2010)
7. Romanian forum forum.barbieritdelux.ro(was created in 2011) I am Romanian, that's why I've listed it
8. Shavenook forum(was created in 2012)
9. Damnfineshave forum the second incarnation(was created in 2015)
10.Atgshaving forum(was created in 2016)
11. The facebook group straight razor place facebook(was created on 1 March 2018)
12. Theshavingcadre forum(was created on 14 March 2018)
These are the one I know of so far.
As implied you know there was a Damn Fine Shave v1 circa 2008. Simply Shaving was around 2009/10 that morphed into The Shave Nook.

There is also the portuguese forum barbearclassico.com, created at the end of 2009 and the brazilian forum barbeartradicional.com.br, created in May of 2015. :)

Yea not all of us but a good percentage, for generally just being ourselfs :rolleyes:
And disbanded our part of the forum

I was part of that original banning, no reason given, just told I was banned indefinitely. At the time I think they took the huff that we had our own forum here and we kind of took the piss by saying items were for sale in CONUK

Updated list:
1.Sharprazorpalace forum(the old straightrazorplace forum)
2.Shavemyface forum
3.Badger and blade forum
4.The shave den forum(was created in 2007)
5.Theshavingroom.co,uk forum(was created in 2009)
6.Subreddit wicked_edge(was created in 2010)
7.Romanian forum forum.barbieritdelux.ro(was created in 2011) I am Romanian, that's why I've listed it
8.Shavenook forum(was created in 2012)
9.Damnfineshave forum the second incarnation(was created in 2015)
11.The facebook group straight razor place facebook(was created on 1 March 2018)
12.Theshavingcadre forum(was created on 14 March 2018)
13. The new straightrazorplace.com forum(created July 2019).

Last edited:
Christ B&B were so uptight back in the day, I remember having a dialogue with a mod (JIM I think) when he asked what my pastor would say because we were organising CONUK group buys amongst ourselves without B&B's express permission?

Most B&B members didn't appreciate their postal service could also operate outside the US and hence CONUS was a term used and CONUK was born as a thumb in their eye. I replied that God doesn't have to pay single item postage for exotic shaving goods from far away lands. BANNED! , more times than I can remember under numerous multis and pre VPN. They were so paranoid, they should of been...of course I shilled New Forest brushes at every opportunity, I wanted Peter to succeed.

New brush post..."Anybody heard of New Forest brushes because they seem really great value?" BANNED, fecking hilarious they twisted their knickers so tightly over that. Sorry Pete, it was me and probably some others too but I think you knew that all along.

The Straight Razor Place Yahoo Group and Wet Shavers on MSN Groups are generally considered the oldest wetshaving forums. Both predate The Straight Razor Place and Shave My Face forums. That is assuming you consider MSN Groups and Yahoo Groups to be forums. I do, as they had the same general layout. Charles Roberts, a barber in Austin, Texas who created "Method Shaving" apparently had a short-lived MSN shaving group even before Wet Shavers (ref. Sharpologist). I never saw any other mention of this group, and do not know what it was called.

Suffice it to say that the Internet aspect of the current wetshaving culture had its roots sometime in the mid to late 1990s. That was also the time frame in which home Internet access became widespread. "The Straight Razor Place Yahoo group and Charles Roberts' MSN group in the late 1990s" is likely as good as an answer as you will get.

BTW - The Straight Razor Place forum - the real Straight Razor Place forum at the original URL - is now back online.

Last edited:
Christ B&B were so uptight back in the day, I remember having a dialogue with a mod (JIM I think) when he asked what my pastor would say because we were organising CONUK group buys amongst ourselves without B&B's express permission?
Assuming he was serious, that is not only uptight, it is really weird.

The interface used by forums has its origins in text-based computer BBS systems starting in the late 1970s. They were designed to handle 250 or so simultaneous users max, with total active users in the low 1,000s. Most were far smaller. It could be that the interface and structure does not scale well past 2,000 - 3,000 active users (active users, not total members). Forums like this one are smaller than B&B, yet much better overall. B&B has counterparts in many other hobbies and special interests, and the same phenomenon is seen there, as well.

The Straight Razor Place Yahoo Group and Wet Shavers on MSN Groups are generally considered the oldest wetshaving forums. Both predate The Straight Razor Place and Shave My Face forums. That is assuming you consider MSN Groups and Yahoo Groups to be forums. I do, as they had the same general layout. Charles Roberts, a barber in Austin, Texas who created "Method Shaving" apparently had a short-lived MSN shaving group even before Wet Shavers (ref. Sharpologist). I never saw any other mention of this group, and do not know what it was called.

Suffice it to say that the Internet aspect of the current wetshaving culture had its roots sometime in the mid to late 1990s. That was also the time frame in which home Internet access became widespread. "The Straight Razor Place Yahoo group and Charles Roberts' MSN group in the late 1990s" is likely as good as an answer as you will get.

BTW - The Straight Razor Place forum - the real Straight Razor Place forum at the original URL - is now back online.
From what I know Straight Razor Place Yahoo Group transformed into Straightrazorplace forum(now the Sharprazolpalace forum).
The Wet Shavers MSN groups closed in 2007. A lot of the members went to Shavemyface forum.

Any of the above kept the old forum style faffing about with anything and everything shaving discussed in detail and then some or all are adopting to the modern likes-driven show and tell sort of Facebook style :)

Updated list:

1.Sharprazorpalace forum(the old straightrazorplace forum)

2.Shavemyface forum

3.Badger and blade forum

4.The shave den forum(was created in 2007)

5.Theshavingroom.co,uk forum(was created in 2009)

6.Subreddit wicked_edge(was created in 2010)

7.Romanian forum forum.barbieritdelux.ro(was created in 2011) I am Romanian, that's why I've listed it

8.Shavenook forum(was created in 2012)

9.Damnfineshave forum the second incarnation(was created in 2015)

11.The facebook group straight razor place facebook(was created on 1 March 2018)

12.Theshavingcadre forum(was created on 14 March 2018)

13. The new straightrazorplace.com forum(created July 2019).

14. Romanian Facebook group RomanianWetShaving(created on 22 November 2019).

Updated list:

1. Straight Razor Place Yahoo Groups

2. Charles Roberts MSN group

3. MSN Wetshavers

4. Sharprazorpalace forum(the old straightrazorplace forum)

5. Shavemyface forum

6. Badger and blade forum

7. The shave den forum(was created in 2007)

8. Theshavingroom.co.uk forum(was created in 2009)

9.Subreddit wicked_edge(was created in 2010)

10.Romanian forum forum.barbieritdelux.ro(was created in 2011) I am Romanian, that's why I've listed it

11.Shavenook forum(was created in 2012)

12.Damnfineshave forum the second incarnation(was created in 2015)

13.Atgshaving forum(was created in 2016)

14.The Facebook group Straight Razor Place Facebook(was created on 1 March 2018)

15.Theshavingcadre forum(was created on 14 March 2018)

16.The new straightrazorplace.com forum(created July 2019)

17. Romanian Facebook group Romanian Wet Shaving Club(created on 22 November 2019).

Back
Top Bottom