Old Spice

Santa bought me a lovely jar of Old Spice - I'd never used it before. However, the biggest surprise was when we visited my partners nephew (He's only 19) and I learned that he's been using it for over a year!

Have splashed a good portion of it on me this morning & I love it. I also like the ritual of removing the red stopper, tilting the milk glass bottle up, and splashing it on your hands to apply liberally on your face & head. That's something much nicer than a standard aerosol can give... Maybe that bit is just me!

SmallBeard said:
Tried to get some today, but I couldn't find it in any shops :(

That's strange Wilkinsons, Superdrug, Boots and some supermarkets I believe sell it.
Was it just out of stock and they'd had a run on it :icon_rolleyes:
Link to Superdrug web: http://www.superdrug.com/anti-perspirant/old-spice-original-after-shave-150ml/invt/5637
Link to Wilkinsons web: http://www.wilko.com/aftershave/old-spice-after-shave-regular-150ml/invt/0141577

Sainsbury's had a pre-Christmas sale on a bunch of shaving items, Beckham, T&H and the like, as well as Brut and Old Spice.

I know from popping in on Christmas Eve, stocks were running VERY low ... stocking fillers? I bet a lot of stores were out of these legacy items.

It really is gaining in popularity again. The stigma is dissipating! :D

I got an old spice set and a brut set for Christmas along with deo's of old spices New range. (Foxcrest, Wolfthorn, Hawkridge.)

Good stuff.

782sirbrian said:
SmallBeard said:
Tried to get some today, but I couldn't find it in any shops :(

That's strange Wilkinsons, Superdrug, Boots and some supermarkets I believe sell it.
Was it just out of stock and they'd had a run on it :icon_rolleyes:
Link to Superdrug web: http://www.superdrug.com/anti-perspirant/old-spice-original-after-shave-150ml/invt/5637
Link to Wilkinsons web: http://www.wilko.com/aftershave/old-spice-after-shave-regular-150ml/invt/0141577

Checked super drug and boots, super drug had sold out, boots only sold white water but had sold out too. I walked past a wilkinsons and didn't even think to check! Damn. It's popular stuff!

Bought some online, thanks for the link. I saw the free delivery over a tenner, so got some Brut and shaving cream too. Cheers!

Re: RE: Old Spice

I got an old spice set and a brut set for Christmas along with deo's of old spices New range. (Foxcrest, Wolfthorn, Hawkridge.)

Good stuff.
[/quote]

Have to agree. I have some of the new deos and they smell pretty good. Better than any of the Lynx crap.

To be fair to Lynx, their Dark Temptation EDT is really quite good. My son has a couple of bottles of it.

Some of the older stuff is very good too. Amber was a ringer for Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui (a very, very good 80's 'powerhouse') and the new Apollo shower gel is identical to Cacharel Pour Homme.

Not really into bashing modern stuff.

Tastes change.

Re: RE: Old Spice

joe mcclaine said:
To be fair to Lynx, their Dark Temptation EDT is really quite good. My son has a couple of bottles of it.

Some of the older stuff is very good too. Amber was a ringer for Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui (a very, very good 80's 'powerhouse') and the new Apollo shower gel is identical to Cacharel Pour Homme.

Not really into bashing modern stuff.

Tastes change.

The Dark temptation aftershave is great stuff. The only problem with lynx is they all have an underlying smell of cheapness. It's especially present in the deodorants although I'm not sure what ingredient causes it.

The old faberge stuff was top notch. I was and still am a massive lynx inca fan. It's just impossible to get nowadays as it was discontinued in the 90s and is only now available on the bay at extortionate prices.

It all went down the pan for lynx when unilever took over and replaced the recipes with cheaper alternatives. You can really smell it which is a shame.

I used to wear the Lynx deos years ago, the scent was much better and lasted most of the day.
Like Celtic says the new stuff doesn't smell as good or last as long.
I was tempted to pick up a bottle of Dark Temptation AS last week, it does smell good, but picked up a couple of bottles of OS Whitewater AS (£4.50ish each) instead.

Sunburyboy93 said:
joe mcclaine said:
and the new Apollo shower gel is identical to Cacharel Pour Homme.

Love Cacharel. So now something else to look for in town. !!

HEADS UP.

I've double-checked it in the bathroom this morning. It's called Deep Space. It's white instead of the usual luminous colour.

Back
Top Bottom