Old but New

I'm in a bit of a quandry lads, bought an old Gillette Tech off flea bay and after opening the box i really think it's to good to use.

It's mint but i don't want to re-sell it , but should i use it? I know some of you have a collection but do you use them?

Tech's aren't particularly rare or expensive - so on that front I wouldn't worry too much about it.

My collection is slowly growing, my thoughts on vintage razors are the same as vintage cars - Use it once in a while, keep it clean and tidy.

The only exception would be if I has a NOS razor - where I would preserve it as it was.

Dont forget to sanitize it!!

Boil in hot water for 20 min..then scrub a little with a brush n some toothpaste..the bubbles n fluoride help it clean off "gunk" then try a soak in some baby oil

Blades

Swivel said:
I'm in a bit of a quandry lads, bought an old Gillette Tech off flea bay and after opening the box i really think it's to good to use.

It's mint but i don't want to re-sell it , but should i use it? I know some of you have a collection but do you use them?

I've got a cased fatboy in mint condition and have not had the gutts to shave with it and get it soapy,but with a tech which is inexpensive and common these days, I wouldn't think twice mate

Why would anyone want a razor and not use it :? If its in good nick it still will be if you look after it even if used everyday..I have 10 now and use them all,switching when i want a change. ;)

Back
Top Bottom