Oh no! Scuttle has bit the dust! Please can I be excused restraint Boycie?

Well had a fight with the tap and the sink and lost, I dropped the 6c, didn’t want to damage the sink and so elbowed the scuttle off…

It was a ‘thrown in stone scuttle’ which I can see is NOT currently made, assuming that I can be excused restraint as it’s a replacement and not addition ..

Any ideas please for something that will deliver WARM lather and ideally be idiot proof??

All ideas appreciate!

Last edited:
Moderating GIF

Well had a fight with the tap and the sink and lost, I dropped the 6c, didn’t want to damage the sink and so elbowed the scuttle off…

It was a ‘thrown in stone scuttle’ which I can see is NOT currently made, assuming that I can be excused restraint as it’s a replacement and not addition ..

Any ideas please for something that will deliver WARM lather and ideally be idiot proof??

All ideas appreciate!
There was an unbreakable one on the market a couple of years ago, made from a plastic, I don't know what the company was / is called unfortunately.

Paul.

Reactions: saj
Doesn’t seem to exist in uk..
There are people in TSR who have one. I wonder if you would buy it from them if they wanted to sell? If searching the forum, people tend to abbreviate to PAA.

PHOENIX ARTISAN ACCOUTREMENTS
Intergalactic Shatter Proof Travel Scuttle

There are people in TSR who have one. I wonder if you would buy it from them if they wanted to sell? If searching the forum, people tend to abbreviate to PAA.

PHOENIX ARTISAN ACCOUTREMENTS
Intergalactic Shatter Proof Travel Scuttle
i have one & don’t like it.
Genuine waste of time in my opinion.
The bottom is probably the size of a 50p piece making it difficult to lather,
don’t get me wrong you can do it but more hassle than it’s worth.
However if your using say an 18-20mm brush then it’s ideal.

Timeless Bowls are first class but not a scuttle.

@Dickie I will reply to this one as I have about 10 scuttles, use them regularly and have some insight into the subject.

I do indeed have the Steve Woodhead scuttle and it is a lovely piece of kit. Highly recommended although I got the super size large one and I genuinely struggle to find somewhere to put it down in my bathroom. That and it being pottery I do tend to baby it a bit because one slip and its goodnight Vienna. Having said that its a pleasure to use and if filled with hot water (at the same time soaking my brush) the lather stays warm for 3 passes.

I also have the Intergalactic unbreakable thing as well. I agree with @Mike Smart its a waste of space unless you are lathering with a toothbrush. The idea is sound but it needs to be twice the size to be useful. If you really must, I can't remember where I got it from but it was an online shaving shop in the UK so they are about on this side of the pond.

By far the best cheapest bowl is the lickimat dog drinking bowl, its fantastic for making lather but doesn't keep it warm. Totally unbreakable though and can be folded up and put in your washbag, I use mine for travel.

My current gold standard is the Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl. Expensive but worth it. Sitting in very hot water it is almost too hot to touch and keeps the lather warm. It also has some kind of VooDoo built in as it lathers beautifully.

There was an unbreakable one on the market a couple of years ago, made from a plastic, I don't know what the company was / is called unfortunately.

Paul.
You on about the unbreakable periera shaving bowl?

I've got one they're brilliant and easy creating a lather, there's a Yaqi knock off version I see on eBay before was just £10+ delivered I think off the top of my head

You on about the unbreakable periera shaving bowl?

I've got one they're brilliant and easy creating a lather, there's a Yaqi knock off version I see on eBay before was just £10+ delivered I think off the top of my head
No, I was thinking about the PAA scuttle.
Paul

Reactions: saj
Back
Top Bottom