Ogallala bay rum with lime and peppercorn

Got a bottle of this from Badgerandhone recently .Strong stuff ,If you like the feeling of aftershave 'burn' ,where you rub it in and wait 3...2....1.... BAM! then consider Ogallala .The peppercorns add a spicy smell and the lime is tropical. The smell at first is nice and strong ,but dies down after about 10 minutes ,and I could get a hint of it nearly all day. NICE!

It is really very good, I wasn't sold on the whole bay rum thing but took a risk with this and am glad I did! Just expect the burning sensation when you put it on and it's great!

I got some of this as part of a group buy last year, definatly the best in there range, I must admit i dont find the burn very bad at all rather mellow in my case, same with the scent it mellows quickly stopping me from smelling like a fool.

Damian Murphy said:
Got a bottle of this from Badgerandhone recently .Strong stuff ,If you like the feeling of aftershave 'burn' ,where you rub it in and wait 3...2....1.... BAM! then consider Ogallala .The peppercorns add a spicy smell and the lime is tropical. The smell at first is nice and strong ,but dies down after about 10 minutes ,and I could get a hint of it nearly all day. NICE!

Same here.

There was a group buy (mentioned above) a while ago, and the general opinion of the scent was that it was so bad that it would even repel shit flies. In my opinion, this is not the case. The scent is quite nice, and different from the run-of-the-mill scents, and doesn't hang around anyway.

It burns. You slap it on and it just feels like water, lulls you into a false sense of security, and then it starts. It burns worse than anything else that I have used, to the point that your will is tested and you have to be mentally strong not to panic and wash it off :lol:

Anyway, once the flames are out it leaves the skin feeling very nice indeed.

Thumbs-up from me.

Ian

IanM said:
There was a group buy (mentioned above) a while ago, and the general opinion of the scent was that it was so bad that it would even repel shit flies. In my opinion, this is not the case. The scent is quite nice, and different from the run-of-the-mill scents, and doesn't hang around anyway. Ian

That was me but I was referring to the Special Reserve double strength Bay Rum.

I quite liked the sniff of P&L but it wasn't mine to use.

antdad said:
IanM said:
There was a group buy (mentioned above) a while ago, and the general opinion of the scent was that it was so bad that it would even repel shit flies. In my opinion, this is not the case. The scent is quite nice, and different from the run-of-the-mill scents, and doesn't hang around anyway. Ian

That was me but I was referring to the Special Reserve double strength Bay Rum.

I quite liked the sniff of P&L but it wasn't mine to use.

Aahaaa. Thanks for clarifying that.

Ian

I keep finding myself drawn to this stuff (or the sandalwood version), but the mixed reaction it's getting on here is putting me off.

I do need something to splash on, post-shave.

Lipsy

I had my shave a short while ago and thought i'd give the Bay rum regular a go today.
I should explain that when I apply after shave I normally rub it all over my face, not just the shaved part.
Well today I was really looking forward to the sensation you guys were going on about and applied it,,all over,,and waited,,, and waited,,,and ,,,then it hit!!
My face felt like it was in the chip pan :eek: :eek:
That stuff is so bad, but then its so nice, in fact its amazingly good!
A word of caution though, keep it away from your eyelids :cry: and If you need a wee, do it before you put this stuff on :)
regards, beejay
Both the regualr and lime&peppercorn are fantastic. I like them a lot.

I think that using burning aftershaves is akin to eating very hot curry.

When you eat a hot curry, it can be a real task. Your mouth is on fire and you have tears streaming down you cheeks, (well, I do), but the next time that you have a curry, you go and order the same bloody one!

It's the same with aftershave. You KNOW that yesterday morning you used THAT aftershave, and it felt like a Dragon was chewing your face off, but what do you do? You use it AGAIN!!

There's something in these concoctions that makes them addictive.

Ian

Ah yes,

Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle and Dynamite Hot Stagg Chili.

Every time I sit there crying saying "Don't ever buy me this again, you crazy bint!"

The next week "Do you want owt from the shops?" . . . . "Oo yes, pick me up a Bad Boy and some Hot Chilli"

Stupid mouth!

This stuff really takes bay rum to another level. So many of the straight bay rums simply seem to smell of cloves - rather medical. This is something else altogether.

What others have said, it´s a very nice AS. Actually so nice it´s one of my top 5 now :D. And it´s also true that you have time to think "those pussies can´t stand a nice AS and they should be using Nivea ASB instead" before the burn hits :lol:

I've tried it a couple of times now and agree it's a great aftershave. Strange thing is I don't seem to get a burn from it at all, my previous two shaves there wasn't even a tingle. I shook it up this morning as I read that came make a difference and it gave a very slight burn but nothing compared to what Old Spice Lime gives me. Not complaining as I prefer not to have my face feel like it's on fire. Maybe my shaves have just been especially good/mild this week, I'll get one wrong soon though and probably feel the full force.

Back
Top Bottom