Of all the days

:eek:
Small mishap today.
Due to only normally being able to shave every other day, i tend to plan my shaving around my week. If i have something coming up that i want to be clean shaven for, i adjust which days i shave that week so that if falls right. Well today i had a funeral to go to, and wanted to be nice and presentable. I also had the mama bears that i have been trying to master, and on top of that i started using the Super speed this week which i haven't used for about 4 weeks. Loaded with a super thin i shaved on Monday with the mama bears less than perfect. Go some irritation and a few razor bumps on my chin :( . I then played with the Mama bears on Tuesday and face it. Wow what a difference, Mistake number 2 was to see lather on my face and have to shave it off. 2 shaves on the bounce and a little irritation on top of the previous day.
Well today i decided to go with the Slim adjustable as i allows me to buff the awkward parts of my neck with no irritation. The mama bears face lathered wonderfully, and the smell of the ginger lime was divine. With the slim set on 6 for the first 2 passes i began. What i hadn't counted was forgetting for a moment one of the bumps on my chin. Well the super thin found it effortlessly on the first pass and took the top right off it. First time i have had free flowing blood in the sink. Luckily the styptic pencil stemmed the flow, and the rest of the shave went without a hitch. Unfortunately the damage was done, on a day when i could have done without it. Just goes to show, you plan these things and an unforeseen problem arises. :lol:

Only one error though in the shave which ain't bad.

I find that I can get variations in the quality of a shave using the same gear.

It's all part of the fun I guess.

I hope your funeral went okay.

Ye, Just got back. An aunt that i hadn't seen for quite some time.

Couldn't believe how the last few weeks have been enjoyable and irritation free, and when you need to do the same it goes a bit pete tong.
Never mind will stick with the adjustable this for the next week and give the chin a rest.

I was due to meet a friend for lunch at noon on Monday. Had a shave just before I left. Bad mistake. I somehow nicked my earlobe. I looked a right mess as I sat down to lunch. I didn't look any better when I returned home!

I think it's just the way these things go, your chances of nicking your neck or chin are increased in a direct relation ship with the paleness of the shirt you intend to wear, this ratio is modified by how quickly you need to be out of the house.I seem to remember that a first date pretty much gauranteed a nick on the side of your mouth or on your lip, said nick would then look cold sore like as soon as it stopped bleeding.

I feel that perhaps H/Blob , Fido & I could start a small & exclusive club of guys who manage to slice ourselves up on the one occasion it matters. As my olde Dad used to say, from a poor beginning things just fell away badly ! Nowadays if I really want to be (fairly) sure of a nice close shave with no claret I definitely use my faithful Ever Ready SE as it's as near as I have got to a straight but with little of the danger of a nick at just the wrong time.

JohnnyO. :roll:

A couple of weeks after starting DE shaving I bought a Futur razor, watched a tutorial vid on youtube and off I went!
I think I was trying to run before I could even crawl and sliced a small patch of skin clean from my chin :shock: , The very large skinned area (approx 8mm) healed over the next week but has left me with a red patch as a reminder of my amateur attempt!
It is slowly getting lighter and back to my normal skin colour, but it is still there after 3 months. :x

JohnnyO said:
I feel that perhaps H/Blob , Fido & I could start a small & exclusive club of guys who manage to slice ourselves up on the one occasion it matters. As my olde Dad used to say, from a poor beginning things just fell away badly ! Nowadays if I really want to be (fairly) sure of a nice close shave with no claret I definitely use my faithful Ever Ready SE as it's as near as I have got to a straight but with little of the danger of a nick at just the wrong time.

JohnnyO. :roll:

I like the sound of this. However i believe there will be a large number of members before too long. not very exclusive. :lol:

IANM, As soon as i recieved my first DE razor i dispossed of all my other forms of shaving, Thats how comitted i was. :D

IanM said:
heroblob said:
IANM, As soon as i recieved my first DE razor i dispossed of all my other forms of shaving, Thats how comitted i was. :D

You Sir, are a braver man than I.

Ian

I didn't want to be able to wimp out. If i had no other choice it would have to be to learn the correct techniques. Glad i didn't go the original route though. I had considered going to a straight from the off. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom