Novel use for MWF

I have grown a beard at various times, but for many recent years have propagated just a large moustache, with a daily shave of the rest, as I'm not a fan of "designer stubble". In my reckoning, a worthwhile beard is one that reaches my top shirt collar button as a minimum. My wife died last August, and from that day I stopped shaving, but once past the itchy stage, the usual problem of beard scurf and the need to avoid becoming Edward Lear's "Old man with a Beard" required action.

In the past I have tried shampoos, bar soap and other things, but someone else sporting "a full set" recommended L'Oreal's Barbershop "beard, face and hair wash". This isn't cheap, but I bought some, and it does indeed perform as advertised; at least, for me.

I used to be a MWF enthusiast in my full shave days, but once it ran out, I went down the rabbit hole of trying different new makers; Nanny's, P&B, Signature and a couple of others, and now have supplies to see me out. However, this thread has roused an interest in beard maintenance using some of these soaps, on the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" principle.

I have grown a beard at various times, but for many recent years have propagated just a large moustache, with a daily shave of the rest, as I'm not a fan of "designer stubble". In my reckoning, a worthwhile beard is one that reaches my top shirt collar button as a minimum. My wife died last August, and from that day I stopped shaving, but once past the itchy stage, the usual problem of beard scurf and the need to avoid becoming Edward Lear's "Old man with a Beard" required action.

In the past I have tried shampoos, bar soap and other things, but someone else sporting "a full set" recommended L'Oreal's Barbershop "beard, face and hair wash". This isn't cheap, but I bought some, and it does indeed perform as advertised; at least, for me.

I used to be a MWF enthusiast in my full shave days, but once it ran out, I went down the rabbit hole of trying different new makers; Nanny's, P&B, Signature and a couple of others, and now have supplies to see me out. However, this thread has roused an interest in beard maintenance using some of these soaps, on the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" principle.
I'm very sorry for your loss

I'd recommend the MWF bath soap. It's got a bit of lanolin in it too.

Enjoy having a beard Wayne. I reckon it's a right of passage for every wet shaver. It makes having a fresh shaved face all the more enjoyable!
Thank you, so far I am, I'm waiting for it to fill in before I can trim it to a nice shape. Shouldn't be long now before it can be trimmed. I can't see me letting it get too long.

I remember reading and commenting about your wife when it happened but I will say it again that I'm sorry for your loss.

When I lost someone in my immediate family I went from being clean shaven (grade 1 on my head too) to keeping a beard, which I largely kept for the best part of 20 years.

Even if you don't find your way back to shaving, I hope you can find a way to use some of the items you acquired in some form nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom