Notes from France

So I'm in the NorthWest of France a few days now and here are some reflections so to speak:

The main department store here is Gallerie Lafayettte - it has some L'Occitane stuff there, nothing you wouldn't find in their network of store all over the place and similarly priced.
They have Tabac priced at 25e for the soap and bowl which is extraordinary compared to FragX at 10e with free shipping coming all the way from USA. Germany is just up the road, what a mark-up that is. So taking that as a benchmark, you get to understand why artisan soap makers charge 30+ for their hand-crafted creations.
Then there is Avene which is very popular with the ladies but they do a line of men's shaving gear which is particularly good for sensitive skin. Based on thermal spring water with soothing properties. The thermal water comes in a aerosol spray can and is enough on its own as an ASB. That sells for about 6e.
There have some Roger&Gallet stufff but I wasn't that interested as they didn't have a soap, only a cream.
Online - As for Martin De Candre, that is a great temptation but am reluctant to get it even with the reduced shipping costs here 6e, it still seems like an exorbitant amount to pay for a soap (can get 4*tabac in bowl for same price as MdC in a jam jar).
Of course Monsavon is everywhere as well as Gillette Bleue Extra blades but I've had enough of them from previous visits.
The biggest surprise is that Clinique M lotion sells for 37e here - and I picked up the same @ airport for 17e - a 20e difference on one item. Admittedly, the airport was way below downtown prices which for this item is usually 30e. The lady was offering Clinique shave cream tube for 8 euro but it being brushless I figured I didn't need it.

Back
Top Bottom