Norman Cook - Fatboy Slim

Norman Cook's stage name is Fatboy Slim.

I'm curious whether there's any connection between this and the Gillette Fatboy and Gillette Slim. It seems to me that those names are not on the original Gillette products, so did someone on t'internet actually borrow the naming from Norman Cook. He's been using that stage name for a long time.

It seems like too much of a coincidence somehow.

I seem to vaguely recall that it had something to do with him being overweight in his youth and slimming down as he entered the clubbing scene, hence fatboy becomes slim.

JohnnyO. o/

These safety razors are known as the Adjustable and Adjustable mk2, the only time the word slim was used as far as I can see is on the 'Slim Twist' razor.

1963%20Slim%20British%20Mark%20II.jpg

1964%20Slim%20Twist.jpg

Last edited:
He was a skinny fecker when he played bass for the Housemartins (Happy Hour 1986) and latterly becoming founder member Beats International (Dub Be Good to Me), so if he was ever Fat, it must have been a long time ago :)

Just did a search online about his stage name, because such questions nag at me. Seems he is a fan of an old time jazz artist called Fatboy Slim and chose the name as a tribute. If the online info is to be believed...

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom