Noob Comparing Plissofts

Hello,

New here and to DE shaving - still pulling together my kit.

The Razorock 24mm brush is going to be by brush of choice rather than potentially expensive learning curve of badger/boar brushes. It seems out of stock from the UK supplier and and importing it is expensive on shipping/duty from Italian barber makes it less cost effective.

There is the RazoRock Chrome Silvertip Plissoft 24mm which on here i have read is a bit of an improvement on the standard Plissoft. I wonder though, will the chrome be more prone to rusting/decay thus damaging the knot?

Further to this I'm being a bit, er, particular and want it to match my satin finish Futur. My plan is to effectively take the chrome off to at least get it to a 'brushed steel' look. I am presuming the handle is solid metal which would allow me to do this. Is this going to cause any problems?

I note people don't like the weight, is this a big issue?

Sorry for the questions. But just want to get it right before I even attempt to have a shave.

Hello,

New here and to DE shaving - still pulling together my kit.

The Razorock 24mm brush is going to be by brush of choice rather than potentially expensive learning curve of badger/boar brushes. It seems out of stock from the UK supplier and and importing it is expensive on shipping/duty from Italian barber makes it less cost effective.

There is the RazoRock Chrome Silvertip Plissoft 24mm which on here i have read is a bit of an improvement on the standard Plissoft. I wonder though, will the chrome be more prone to rusting/decay thus damaging the knot?

Further to this I'm being a bit, er, particular and want it to match my satin finish Futur. My plan is to effectively take the chrome off to at least get it to a 'brushed steel' look. I am presuming the handle is solid metal which would allow me to do this. Is this going to cause any problems?

I note people don't like the weight, is this a big issue?

Sorry for the questions. But just want to get it right before I even attempt to have a shave.
I've owned 2 Omegas that were chrome and matte metallic like the Razorock Plissoft and your right then do end up bubbling and chipping. For the price they have it its going to be a plastic with a chrome plate and even tho it will look really nice if you've got even mildly hard water it wont last long. And when it starts to bubble and chip it messes up the look of the brush. I'd contacting the vendor and find out when he'll be re stocking the other brushes

Thanks guys. I've contacted shave station. I saw the other colours but the creative in me wants some uniformity in style. I saw some posts with a black brush and that looked cool. : D

Well I'll wait for the black handle. Though may look again at the ivory.

One more quick one. The Bruce, that seems to be more about the handle. Presumably that is the ergonomics for applying a lather. I haven't seen anything about the brush itself?

Oh one more thing is the silvertip plissoft much noticeably better than the original? I am keen to get going so don't want to wait too long!

Back
Top Bottom