NNS Moroccan Sands Review.

CjH

[This thread moved from General since it concerns soap]

First Shave.

Upon opening the pot I was greeted with the scent. Not too strong, but reminiscent of somthing I'd smelled before..... After searching the Annals of my brain I recalled the memory of shopping with my wife in the Asian Clothe shops... it has a very similar scent , perhaps they burn insence in those shops. And that is what I would say is the underlying note of this scent. Insence with a hint of spiced orange and possibly a smidgen of Sandalwood right in the distance.

Is it a hard Cream? A soft Soap? A Croap? You decide! I'm going to go with a croap. Hard enough to keep it's form but soft enough to get a finger full to pop in my bowl of choice (small side bowl thingy).
After soaking brush whilst I had my shower,
I gave the brush the obligatory 3 shakes and began to lather... it needed a few more drops of water adding to it but created a decent lather to shave with, not the best lather I've had but by no means the worst.
The scent now some what reduced but pleasant enough to still be there but not burn the nostrils.
Using a fresh Astra SP in the Gillette Slim Adjustable on setting 4 I began to shave a 4 day growth, and with ease. NNS has an ample amount of Cushion and the blade glides nicely with the aid of the lather.
The small amount I used was enough for a enjoyable 2 pass shave with a little pick up under the chin(s).
The after feel of the soap was OK, not a great deal of slickness but enough. Leaving a soft not greasy skin feel. Not slidey under the fingertips nor did they drag over the skin. Would I like a little more moisturising finish? Maybe, but it's not essential just my opinion.
I finished off with a good splash of Old Spice, which I think paired particularly well with this spicy scent.20230708_093512.jpg
All in all I was happy with the first try of this soap and look forward to my next shave with this soap (croap), which I will add to this post later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shave No.2
Same razor and blade. Different bowl and brush.
After a shower.
Bloomed soap first.

I'm getting quite attached to the scent. This time I scooped a finger full from the bottom.
It seemed to be more uniform and putty like.

Again from the small almond size pinch I scooped out I managed to get a good amount of lather for a 2 pass shave and a clean up.

The scent again was agreeable throughout.

Plenty of Cushion and glide the razor. Again the finish was neither slick nor overly dry.

(It kind of puts me in mind of the Extro soap/cream I had for proformance and texture)

I'd be interested to sample the other scents.

Back
Top Bottom