Newbies first shave with 99p SE

Hi all, I am new to the forum but have been shaving with a DE (R41 and Gillette Slim) for the last 9 months with improving results that have resulted in consistently close and comfortable shaves over the last six months. When lurking on the site I saw a post that mentioned SE razors - something I had never heard of.

Well having read more about them I knew it was only a matter of time before I succumbed so rather than prolong the agony I hit the bay and picked up an Ever Ready 1912 for 99p (plus P&P). A soak in barbicide and a couple of hours of cleaning to get a nice mirror finish and I was ready to shave.

I kept my DEs on standby and planned to do 1 WTG pass SE and finish the shave with a DE with XTG and ATG passes. However, they were not needed. First pass was smooth with a great sound providing feedback, second pass XTG still no irritation, cuts or weepers. Spurred on I tried an ATG pass again no cuts or weepers. Application of alum showed a bit of irritation under right hand chin but other than that a smooth comfortable shave. On the face as close as any DE shave but the chin and neck areas need a bit of work.

Can't wait to shave again and am already wondering what to with my stock of DE blades. I'm a definitely a SE convert.

Hi & very welcome T/Geek. Similarly to yourself I was taken with SEs from my first experience with one. It's what I use most days as a "go to". Enjoy your bargain.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Can't you keep both your SE and DE? I have both. Plus injectors (heard of those? Like a cartridge but with a greater possibility of cutting yourself! :) ) and even two cartridge razors (sssh, don't tell anyone here!)

They're good are they not?

I eventually found the Schick injector, which became my absolute favourite SE - until I tried the Feather SS of course. I still use both these razors, and various other SE's such as the 1912 model, when the mood takes.

Well done for giving it a go!

G.

Back
Top Bottom