Hiya

I hope that I do not offend anyone but I am a "cartridge" kind a guy, using King of Shaves Azor. I live in Guernsey Channel Islands with my Mrs and our 3 girls, just trying to make a living!! kind regards to all. I am thinking of stocking DE kit, anyone got any recomendations?? Goodfellas look nice, anyone used them?

Many thanks for your time

Welcome, we have a few cartridge users but I reckon its best to flick through the vendors section to compare and contrast.

I'd stick with established razor brands like Merkur and Jagger if you are serious about stocking D.E kit.

Greetings!

Buy an old Gillette "SuperSpeed" (butterfly-opening, also known as Twist-To-Open or TTO).

Proper vintage shaver, cheap and fairly foolproof.

A good place to start.

Rev-O said:
Greetings!

Buy an old Gillette "SuperSpeed" (butterfly-opening, also known as Twist-To-Open or TTO).

Proper vintage shaver, cheap and fairly foolproof.

A good place to start.

Totally agree, a superspeed or a rocket can be had for a lot less than a new DE razor.
If you want new, try and find a Merkur 34C or something similar.
A great starter razor! Can't really do anything wrong with it ;)
(I have one that might go soon....PM)

Welcome, and enjoy!

Max

Hi & welcome G/ Glass. Use & enjoy whatever suits you best, cartridge, DE, SE or straight is pretty much the philosophy in here as far as I can see. I'm with Moody M in liking the Muehle 89 for a really nice DE for not too much wonga. If you prefer the look of the Edwin Jagger handles their 89 has the same shaving head.

Enjoy finding out what suits you best.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Welcome to TSR gglass. I'm in agreement with Fido and the Rev, in that order: take your time, then get a vintage Gillette :D Whatever you use, good preparation and decent products make at least half the difference.

I think the gentleman wishes to know what things he should look to stock on his website… This place should prove an excellent resource, tbh.

Either way, welcome to the madness.

Lipsy

Well done Lipsy, I sorta missed the link

His other post: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=70512#p70512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=70512#p70512</a><!-- l -->

Well, in that case, have a look at other online vendors, but I agree on stocking EJ/Merkur etc..
On the blades, if you source in india/pakistan/thailand, you should be able to get some interesting stuff for your customers.
offer "starter packs" always good for newbies :D

Cheers,

Max

Back
Top Bottom