Newbie well impressed with Mr Miller's craftsmanship

As a newbie to this great forum, I just wanted to say that I have picked up some great info and tips etc. I recently sent Neil a relatively new dovo which needed honing and sharpening (I didn't know that most dovos are rarely shave ready). The man also fitted a brand new scale for me (highly-polished mock tortoise shell). I received the package last week and it was a delight, and a work of fine craftsmanship. i used to shave with a safety razor, and sometimes a mach 3 (for my sins!), but I am now more than happy to shave "traditionally" from now on in. Craftsmanship beats technology for this shaver at least.

Thanks, RB, yeah it's straight razor for me now. I am trying to have five really good straights, I now have the dovo and have ordered a vintage razor from Neil, I also have a £35 Cyril Salter (which needs sharpening despite recent purchase. I've learnt more from this forum than any article or book on the net.

Keep digging it’s an absolute treasure trove of information, if you can’t find it ask and you’ll be pointed in the right direction. (Ish) :lol:

Good to hear you get on with a straight, never tried myself but do follow with interest those that take the jump and there endeavours. Seen some absolute gems as well, can see how people collect them.

I could get along with only the Livi for shaving, true. But, what about the art?

Lets face it, I'm an addict. I did just sell a Filarmonica and have the big Boker currently listed at SRP. But they have been sold or offered for sale to raise cash for another project. :eek:

I'm like a Pike. Dangle something shiny and I'm a goner.

Back
Top Bottom