Newbie popping in to say hello.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would give you a quick intro.
I am new to this whole world of DE shaving and am totally taken back with the advice and support available on this forum.
For years I have been using throw away razors and have become totally disillusioned with them aside from the fact that I need a second mortgage to pay for them.
At fifty years of age I know I am a late comer but you have to start somewhere I suppose.
I am yet to buy any products but from reading reviews I believe my first purchase is going to be the a Merkur 34c HD razor. I am yet to decide on a brush or any other products but will read and read some more. Any suggestions will be more than appreciated.
Hope I will be able to contribute in some.

Take care
Wayne

Hi guys,

Just thought I would give you a quick intro.
I am new to this whole world of DE shaving and am totally taken back with the advice and support available on this forum.
For years I have been using throw away razors and have become totally disillusioned with them aside from the fact that I need a second mortgage to pay for them.
At fifty years of age I know I am a late comer but you have to start somewhere I suppose.
I am yet to buy any products but from reading reviews I believe my first purchase is going to be the a Merkur 34c HD razor. I am yet to decide on a brush or any other products but will read and read some more. Any suggestions will be more than appreciated.
Hope I will be able to contribute in some.

Take care
Wayne
Hello and welcome Wayne to TSR.
A Merkur 34c is a good razor as any to start with, you will find plenty of advice on here regarding the rest of the kit you will need. :)

What ho,Wayne and welcome.
I too, am a newcomer on here and my first razor was the Merkur 34c.
I get on well with it, although initially I thought that the handle was a bit short.
This apparently helps with manoeuverability so I'll keep persevering with it.
Good luck, take your time and enjoy the experience.
Regards from The Toff.

Thank you for the warm welcome Blademonkey.
I am finding it difficult to decide on the shaving brush. I can see where this hobby is going. :)
Half a dozen shaving brushes later! :)

What ho,Wayne and welcome.
I too, am a newcomer on here and my first razor was the Merkur 34c.
I get on well with it, although initially I thought that the handle was a bit short.
This apparently helps with manoeuverability so I'll keep persevering with it.
Good luck, take your time and enjoy the experience.
Regards from The Toff.

Thank you Toff.
I did notice how chubby the handle was with this razor but I will give it a whirl.

Thank you for the warm welcome Blademonkey.
I am finding it difficult to decide on the shaving brush. I can see where this hobby is going. :)
Half a dozen shaving brushes later! :)
I, personally, don't think you can go wrong using a Kent badger brush.
My advice is to go for the best you can afford, I use a BK4 silvertip.
Also get a good lathering bowl/mug with ridges inside to aid aeration in the lather.

I, personally, don't think you can go wrong using a Kent badger brush.
My advice is to go for the best you can afford, I use a BK4 silvertip.
Also get a good lathering bowl/mug with ridges inside to aid aeration in the lather.

Thank you so much for your advice. It is more than appreciated. I will look into the Kent. A decent lathering bowl never entered my head to be honest but it makes so much sense. Cheers mate

Welcome.
Prep & practice are the main ingredients for a great shave.
I've learnt (learning) a great deal from TSR, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom