Newbie Pass Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Giorgio Sterlini box arrvied this morning thanks!!

Just had a shave with the martin de candre....what a slick lather the stuff is very good, many thanks to whoever put this in the box as its a high end soap, very generous indeed and im greatfull to get the opportunity to try it,

Also just used a gillette yellow sharp edge blade, not as good as my normal polsilver super iridium but scratched an itch as they were a blade i wanted to try, next blade to try is the gillette silverblue.

Thanks again all who organised this pass around

Hiya. I'm a newbie and just would like to say Hi to everyone. I've just bought my first DE razor and am ready to start and learn more. I'm 52 and have seen de's before, my father had one. I remember his face covered with toilet paper to stop the blood from the nicks so that put me off. Anyway I've finally decided to give it a go. I've bought a Simpsons badger brush. A Muhler r89 razor and so far some Astra and Personna blades. I'm only on my second shave and I admit I've had to use a little toilet paper myself but only once under the nose. Nothing serious just a little Nick. Lol. Anyway. Hi again and I'd love to have the box when available please. I've a few things to put I. Before I send it on. Thanks.

Welcome. Get yourself a styptic pencil or better still some styptic gel. Bits of toilet paper are for a different part of the body :eek:
Thanks River run. It's on it's way as I type. I just need to sort a soap out I like. I'm currently trying Arko sensitive cream. Seems OK for a start.

Think that people are aware that razor need to be sterilized before use, bat if you people think it may be dangerous I will back of.
Its a nice gesture, I for one would have appreciated a shave ready straight to try. However, we should maybe avoid randomly passing a straight around in a box of shaving bits... Maybe offer a "beginners" straight as a pass around?

Last edited:
Will the next on the list pm me their address and I can pack up the box for you. I've put a couple of bits in for the next person. I didn't take anything out but had an accident with some balm..... Went everywhere lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom