Newbie Gillette Recommendation

I like Techs. Three piece, mild, non adjustable, well made and relatively cheap for NOS/minters.

The original, British, slotted head fat handle Tech is slightly more aggressive though. A US fat handle has the 'standard' mild diamond head.

Not received the new razor yet, but enjoying practicing ready for it.

Getting a good lather with the Tabac soap and bowl lathering, and had a good shave last night where I applied a lot less pressure to the blade which reduced the irritation I was having before. Still got a long way to go with technique though!

Yeah, adjustability is the big difference. I don't think there's any good reason why you'd have to avoid adjustable straight off the bat, just go easy on those high settings. :shave

As an aside, I'm not keen on the plasticky handle of the Slim versus the metal of a Super Speed, but everyone differs.

CanucksTraveller said:
Yeah, adjustability is the big difference. I don't think there's any good reason why you'd have to avoid adjustable straight off the bat, just go easy on those high settings. :shave
As an aside, I'm not keen on the plasticky handle of the Slim versus the metal of a Super Speed, but everyone differs.
You're talking about the SlimTwist, which is plastic handle, and non-adjustable. The adjustable slims (even the black "SuperSlims") have a metal handle.

:D

Max

slackman99 said:
What's the difference between a slim and a superspeed? I take it I would notice a difference in the shave!

The big difference you'd notice is that you can pretend to be Sean Connery in Goldfinger with a Gillette Slim.

On the other hand, you may not be as delusional as I can be on a bad day.

JohnnyO. \ :?

Back
Top Bottom