New Vendor - We Want Your Feedback!

Hi All

My name is Bradley and I run The Personal Barber subscription box, I'm sure most of you have heard of the concept. If not; we curate a box of wet shaving goodies and send it monthly to subscribers. Each box features different brands and types of product.

Most of our subscribers come from using cartridge razors so we're slowly converting the masses one person at a time to the joys of using a proper safety razor :)

We're just about to launch our online shop where we'll be featuring a selection of items that can be bought individually.

shop.thepersonalbarber.com - Password: vip access

It would be fantastic if any of you could check out the site and let me know your thoughts.

We don't want another shop that sells a huge list of the same goods you can get everywhere, instead we're focusing on products we've tested ourselves or featured in the subscription. At the moment there is a very limited selection of goods on the site as we gain feedback from subscribers as to the kinds of products they want to see.

I have a handful of 5% and 10% discount codes for the best feedback.

As the shop isn't open to the public yet, you'll need to enter the password "vip access" (without quotation marks)

shop.thepersonalbarber.com

Thanks in advance for your help!

I shall give it a good look this week-end, but the first 2 things that jump to me are :

- Soaps / Creams. I honestly never heard of the products, I don't usually trust products I don't know or that weren't vouched for by other members of the community. There's no ingredient list either, and that's a big no no for me.

- You decided to go for pricier Hardware. The Futur is a good razor, but there's a lot of cheaper newbie-friendly alternatives, why would I go for a 55GBP Razor if i'm just starting ? Same for the brush, why go for a 50GBP Brush ? There's plenty of better alternatives at half the proce (Omega Synthetic, ItalianBarber, Maggard, or even making your own and buying knots in bulk).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hi Aerendir, thanks for the feedback!

Soaps/Creams - Understand what you're saying but, as I mentioned, there's no point in another shop selling the same goods as all the other online shops. Of course there will be some crossover but we're trying to introduce some lesser known brands as well. As for quality, we'll only be featuring the stuff we have personally tested and can vouch for. Hopefully someone will test them out and post about them and then you'll be more confident in giving it a go :)

Hardware - Well we're gaining feedback on the types of products people want to see at the moment before we start buying in lots of stock. The razor and brushes featured currently are just to start with and will be expanded to feature a range of pricing points. However for newbies we do have our subscription box. For less than £25 you get a selection of goods as well as our own custom razor and brush for free in the first box. They're by no means the sexiest razor and brush in the world but they do an excellent job and are designed specifically with the new shaver in mind.

Ingredients list - Great point! This is something we're working on with the developer because we want the ingredients to be in a separate box you can click so as not to clutter up the product page too much.

Thanks again for the feedback Aerendir!

Back
Top Bottom