New Simpsons boar brushes!

Simpsons new release!

From the website:

Alexander Simpson are delighted to introduce our long awaited Barbican Boar Bristle shaving brush in faux Ivory.

We have been asked many times why we haven't added a boar bristle offering within our shaving brush line up. Well, here it is, and what a fine brush we have produced in terms of price point, aesthetics and performance.

Barbican approximate brush specifications:
Overall brush height - 105mm
Knot height - 53mm
Handle height - 52mm
Knot diameter - 22mm

134A5917-6DDA-4F38-ADC4-F1585E96BA3F.jpeg

Good to see something for the boar brush enthusiasts. If I would go as far to suggest their knots look similar to the unbleached ones used by Zenith. I wonder if they share a supplier.

For this link, the knot looks a lot darker than the one posted by the OP.

I might pick one at sometime. Not like I need any more brushes, but a Simpson boar could be interesting.

I think they are both unbleached. The Barbican definitely has a few dark strands. It may just the photography/brush placement in the light box as the brush inc handle on the right is darker overall. I will check with Simpson and report back.

You may be on to something there @donnie_arko ..looks very similar to my Zenith boar!

F2909102-F3F7-465F-93F0-D7CE6D63C24F.jpeg

22mm used to be a HUGE knot!

Some of the vintage brushes I've reknotted recently had 18mm knots pulled ... bored out (boared out? :) ) a bit to accept a 20mm.
Yep, 18mm, or what would have been @3/4 of an inch was the standard full sized brush, and the "knot" wasn't premade and installed, it was made in the handle. (y)

[Mod Edit] Merged from separate thread.

Simpson has just introduced 2 boars. Anyone interested? I've a quality badger plus chubby 2 synthetic. Would a quality boar bring anything different to my shave?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered both of them. Very dissappointed! The larger one has a glue knot that is over 1 inch high and the center of the brush has a real short loft. The smaller brush is slant at the top having longer bristles then the other side. I know it is a small bush but once you load it and use it it is very limpy and will not splay. I own two Simpson badger brushes that are top notch and I really like using them.

Back
Top Bottom