New Razor From Occams

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Just seen this tonight so decided to go for it.
it’s not like me to buy on the spur of the moment but i’m intrigued. Cheap enough and possibly not that great. £21 delivery so not good either plus when it arrives i’ll be in Angola for a couple of months so won’t get a chance to use it
never mind

Nice razor for a really good price. I'm guessing it's not SS.

Realised I hadn't been to the Classic Shaving site for years.
Was visiting almost everyday many years ago in case I missed the King Cobra release.

It does look very nice, very similar to the Yaqi/Vector style head crossed with the Stando Rod or even the Hawk minus the back bump. I’m on a purchase sabbatical but it would be tempting otherwise.

More annoying is the pile of Orens seemingly in the background on the pictures but still not for sale! I love the black look of them!
Wow good spot in the background. I might have to invest myself in a week or two perhaps.
I wonder if the other razors are going to be released later.

Last edited:
It does look very nice, very similar to the Yaqi/Vector style head crossed with the Stando Rod or even the Hawk minus the back bump. I’m on a purchase sabbatical but it would be tempting otherwise.

More annoying is the pile of Orens seemingly in the background on the pictures but still not for sale! I love the black look of them!
It's a "stock" photo of theirs to show off the box - they use it with other razors, too.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm convinced that's just the rebranded zamak Yaqi head. They mention the metal in the other razor listings but not this SE-noch. I could be going full tinfoil hat though.

I am inclined to agree, particularly that given the width of the head and therefore the position of the blade between the plates makes for no ability to pass a round thread through and so must be that slotted thread. The top of the razor covers part of the drain gap as well. Yaqi. Surely.

I am inclined to agree, particularly that given the width of the head and therefore the position of the blade between the plates makes for no ability to pass a round thread through and so must be that slotted thread. The top of the razor covers part of the drain gap as well. Yaqi. Surely.
I wonder if they have used magnets? I seem to be seeing that used a lot recently with razors.

Last edited:
I wonder if they have used magnets? I seem to being that used a lot recently with razors.

Without seeing more detail, which might be read as deliberate, impossible to say but the regular-looking round threaded handle had to attach as well. Possible, I suppose ... but Occam's Razor (see what I did there ... in fact, Bertand Russell's interpretation "whenever possible, substitute constructions out of known entities for inferences to unknown entities") tells us it's a slotted thread. Until we actually know, I guess it remains Schroedinger's Razor?

Was going to add this to see if it could be of use. However it's not for me.
4 plus razors saves the postage 10% off pays for local postage.
20240204_201535.jpg
This is for 5. Not sure if it keeps it under tax laws. Maybe 4 at a time.
£50 a pop.
Up to you.
Group Buy?

Last edited:
Was going to add this to see if it could be of use. However it's not for me.
4 plus razors saves the postage 10% off pays for local postage.
View attachment 116598
This is for 5. Not sure if it keeps it under tax laws. Maybe 4 at a time.
£50 a pop.
Up to you.
Group Buy?
Unless you can negotiate something with the seller - that'll incur import duty of around £50 + fees. (It's above a value of £135)

I'll be interested in your thoughts Mike. That head looks incredibly similar to the Yaqi chrome zamak head:

Oh yeah it does
you’ll be waiting a while for my thoughts i’m off to Angola on saturday & i can’t see it arriving so soon.
I’ll be gutted if it’s the same head

Back
Top Bottom