New razor advice

So I currently have a tech and a fatboy but I am wanting to get a new razor and am torn between a merkur progress or slant (not sure sledgehammer or normal) it a Edwin Jagger muhle one.any other ideas advice guys?only been de shaving for a month or 2?oh also have an se on its way!

What is is about the Tech & FB which is causing you to look further afield?

Their are plenty of (inexpensive) vintage Gillette razors which might suit you better:

- Slim Adjustable
- Super Adjustable
- One of the many SuperSpeed variants

I've personally had some problems with Merkur Futur which resulted in an RMA for refund - I'm sure the others are OK.

Just fancied something else to try I guess.... Think I have the start of RAD but I am putting it on hold abit. Feel I need to improve with what I have for the moment!

I think you have to try a Merkur 2 piece at some point... they're like a Mercedes, proper German engineering, good build quality,
accurate, they're like a surgical instrument. The 34C gets super reviews with good reason. Out of the ones you've mentioned though, I'd be slanting it up.

Hi there,
Haven't tried that Merkur, but I'm familiar with those other two you mentioned. If it was me, I'd go with something Muhle/EJ has to offer. It's gonna shave a good bit differently than the razors you have now, and that newer head design gets great reviews for the most part. No telling how it'll fit, but it's always a crapshoot.

The slant's a good razor, but to me the shave's not all that different than using a non twisted bar type.

Martin

While a quality razor, bear in mind that the vision is a monster razor - both in terms of weight & size.

Some people have struggled with the head size.

J

Back
Top Bottom