new knot query

Some fine fellow a while ago PIF'd me a Grosvenor bristle brush. Now I like the handle, nice size and weight, it's just the bristle that let's it down. So any ideas on where to get a new knot [23mm] in pure or best and of the best way in replacing it? regards, Adam.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, drop Beejay a PM. He will do a fab job and supply the knot of your choice.

Are you sure you need a 23mm knot? The Grosvenor 404 is supposed to have had a 21mm knot which may have been set within a slightly larger opening.

23mm is not one of those used by TGN - the obvious DIY choice.

http://www.thegoldennib.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_9_43

If the exact diameter of the hole is 23mm it is likely to be a slightly smaller knot. The knot measurement should be the diameter at the bottom of the base of the plug.

Ive just measured my 404 and the hole is 21.5mm so I think a 20mm knot would be ideal in that handle.
A decent badger knot it would look fuller than the mix knot fitted as standard.
regards, beejay

Thanks for that Beejay. Is the Grosvenor handle on the 404 mixed the same as the pure bristle?

zig zag said:
Thanks for that Beejay. Is the Grosvenor handle on the 404 mixed the same as the pure bristle?

I dont know the answer to that Im afraid as I only have the mix version.

regards, beejay

And I have the same handle for a limited edition which is a shade above 22mm. You really need to have the present knot out to measure accurately to assess the replacement knot dimensions that will work.

Back
Top Bottom