New Injector Razor

Ok just like taking care of a DE.
The difference with Injectors is that a blade is always left in the razor & this one seems to annoy folks for some reason or another..There was only a couple of early models that opened for cleaning & a couple of later models that partially opened for cleaning..Not that it matters cause a rinse under the tap cleans them anyway unless you are using that Horrid Proraso Muck of Course..Need a Steam Cleaner after using that stuff..:p:D:p

Billy

Got myself a Pal Injectomatic and a Schick Adjustable so I am ready to take the plunch :) (no Chinese Schick blades yet but one of the razors came with an unmarked white cassette containing blades that will do for starters)
As Andreas said they will be Personna blades ..They work very well in the Schick Adjustable..I wouldn't recommend them in the PAL though especially in the early days as they can be quite brutal in this particularly Aggressive Injector..:)

Billy

I had another shave with the Bunny V3 today. I used the mild comb with Chick blade.
I found this shave to be very mild. Not really my cup of tea. I have to test them all out. I found the shave to be extremely quiet. I was not sure I was even cutting hairs. It was!

My first pass I went WTG with the normal light touch the entire pass. I rinsed my face and found I had ok reduction. Actually better than The first time I used the mild several weeks ago.

The second pass XTG I decided to see what would happen ip I applied some pressure. Not much mind you but more than I normally do. I still found the razor to be very comfortable gliding over my face. For the reduction on the second pass was pretty nice. I could have stopped and had a nice CCS. Being I am testing it out still I went for pass 3.

Pass 3 ATG I stayed with the bit heavier pressure. NOT A LOT mind you. I found with this comb The upper lip pass had no pulling at all. I actually have the best upper lip shave I have had in a while. The rest of my face went good. I ended up with a DFS.

As it has only been 30 minutes post shave. I have no irritation after using a bit heavy hand.

For the Chick blades I personally prefer the NOTSO or the WILD. I will revisit the twins and Feather again.

Tom

I had another shave with the Bunny V3 today. I used the mild comb with Chick blade.
I found this shave to be very mild. Not really my cup of tea. I have to test them all out. I found the shave to be extremely quiet. I was not sure I was even cutting hairs. It was!

My first pass I went WTG with the normal light touch the entire pass. I rinsed my face and found I had ok reduction. Actually better than The first time I used the mild several weeks ago.

The second pass XTG I decided to see what would happen ip I applied some pressure. Not much mind you but more than I normally do. I still found the razor to be very comfortable gliding over my face. For the reduction on the second pass was pretty nice. I could have stopped and had a nice CCS. Being I am testing it out still I went for pass 3.

Pass 3 ATG I stayed with the bit heavier pressure. NOT A LOT mind you. I found with this comb The upper lip pass had no pulling at all. I actually have the best upper lip shave I have had in a while. The rest of my face went good. I ended up with a DFS.

As it has only been 30 minutes post shave. I have no irritation after using a bit heavy hand.

For the Chick blades I personally prefer the NOTSO or the WILD. I will revisit the twins and Feather again.

Tom

From all I've seen and read - you have a winner in the making.
Can't wait.

Toms V 2 Injector..:p
4794d7bc-cdb3-4621-ba62-ac06823bbb20_zpsstmcbwre.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Toms V 2 Adjustable Injector
Chinese Schick Injector Blade New
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

I had another shave today with Toms V 2 Injector..I loaded the V 2 Injector with a Chinese Schick blade..I utilized the MILD Comb for a 3 pass shaving routine..I had a bit of a mishap the last time I used the MILD Comb because I damaged a blade & got some razor burn..I was chopping & changing blades for testing purpose's & damaged one..Its so easily done..If you ever get a rough shave with an Injector always change the blade as the first port of call..Thats where the problem usually lays..Its so easy to over look that..Toms V2 in my humble opinion is just as Smooth as the Coveted Schick Type D & maybe then some..The Schick Type D was probably the smoothest Injector ever made..The V 2 just glides on the MILD Setting with very little Audible Feedback..Like Casper the Ghost..You have to feel the Whiskers being Cut..This is a Feeling Mans razor without a Doubt..I will mention this again for folks on the Pass around..The V2 Injector is more Intuitive to use on the Mild Setting..Its easier to find the Sweet Spot..:)

I had one day of whiskers to cut down & went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..To me this is the Ultimate Test of the Efficiency of a Razor & Blade Combo..Its not easy to get a BBS irritation free shave when one has shaved the day before..After my first WTG Pass most of my whiskers had been Destroyed even on the MILD Setting..Its as efficient on the Mild Setting as something like a Schick Hydro for me anyway..I would reckon the NOTSO Comb is sitting around the performance of an Early Schick Type E2 & the WILD Comb is way up there with a Cranked up Pal Adjustable for Sure..The user has a Wide Variety of Settings here to choose from depending on Mood, Needs & Individual Taste..There are is Marked difference between the 3 Combs on the V2 Injector..I am of the humble opinion that Tom has Staged these out perfectly to get the Maximum out of the V 2 Injector on each & every one of these Settings..Everyone will find their favourite setting or settings on this razor..The V2 is very adaptable to both various Single & Twin blades on various settings..I would suggest that the Chinese Schick blade in Toms V2 Injector is a Match made in Heaven though & should be the Go blade for the Pass Around Folks in the early days at least..;)

After my 2nd ATG Pass I more or less went for a touch up pass with some speed to see what I could get away with..I ended up with an Almost Perfect All Over Dolphin Smooth BBS Result without a Hint of any Irritation..MILD Comb or Not..I found the V2 to be very Efficient on this Setting..I got one Little Cut on My Chin for my Almost Reckless Abandon..Cant be Bad at that..In my experience a Schick Hydro would have been far less forgiving with that Sorta Reckless Abandon..I have Sorta expounded all I have to expound about Toms V 2 Injector..It performs very well on all its various settings & is a very forgiving razor to boot..I have only one other thing to say..I would suggest that when the fortunate Folks on the Pass get their hands on Toms V2 Injector that they get the Home Made Idea out of their head & View it as it Truly is..;)

The term Artisan gets thrown around these days like Confetti to a point where it has just became a Selling point..The word Artisan was a Coveted Term for People that took pride in making something the traditional small family way & using traditional hand made methods...Toms Injector is s True Artisan product using traditional hand made methods with the best of modern materials ..Its not a Home made Injector..Tom has kindly said that I can keep the V2 Injector & add it to my Collection..If I had to make a choice to keep only one razor for whatever reason it would be Toms V2 injector for every day of the week & every Sunday..I hope others enjoy Toms Injector as much as I Do..:D:p:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom