New Guy!

Hi I am new to forum and already love it. I always wet shaved, but started using my dad's Wilkinson sword when he passed. Well I thought it best to put away and buy a new razor. I bought a Merkur futur and LOVE it. I do have a question of the gurus. Do personna Israeli blades suck or was it the one I opened. I had success with the murker blade and used personna US made blades in the Sticky. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I have a Merkur Futur as well and think it's a great razor.

You can get yourself a selection pack of blades from Connaught shaving then try a few different ones to see which suits you best.

'Call me Ishmael. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.'
It was a good time for wet shaving back then.
Welcome aboard laddie.

Hi Ishmael, and welcome to TSR!

In my estimation Red Personnas are about as consistent a blade as you get. Not your sharpest, but very smooth. Sometimes you run into a poor blade. Happens with every make, but I have never found one with red IP's.

Try another one, if you still do not get on with it, try another make.

/Max

Hello and welcome ishmael.
IP's are an excellent blade in my opinion but as already suggested there are so many more you can try.
regards, beejay

Back
Top Bottom