New DE shaver checking in

I was talking about getting a DE razor at work, so for my 30th birthday last week the guys decided to get me one! They decided to get the 39c (slanthammer) with some feathers.

It's a learning experience but I've managed to get by without any serious cuts. I've yet to use the feathers, opting to go with derby blades instead. The slant goes through days worth of hair like it wasn't there. Still having some trouble with corners, but I'm making progress.

I'm not much of a morning person, so I shave before I go to bed, it's nice to have to time to enjoy the process. The great thing is the shave is so close it's still super smooth all through the next day!

Hi Alex, welcome to TSR! :D What enlightened mates you have. Practically everyone on shaving forums says that their friends laugh at them when they mention DE shaving, brushes etc. Maybe times are changing...?

Welcome Alex. Your doing well if your starting out with a slant and feather blades. Many (myself included) seem to work their way up to the slant from something less aggressive.

NatJag said:
Welcome Alex. Your doing well if your starting out with a slant and feather blades. Many (myself included) seem to work their way up to the slant from something less aggressive.

It's a very careful process I can tell you. The 39c does seem reasonably forgiving however. As a rank beginner I managed to get a reasonable shave without lopping off an ear, so I think that's a success!

Hi & welcome AlexB,

Merkur long handled slant & Feather blades suited me very nicely indeed for a long time m8, don't let them kid you in2 believing that now you only need another 11 DEs to make the dozen.

JohnnyO.

Welcome
wave_remake_by_nillemotes.gif

Back
Top Bottom