Need windows vista 64

Hi guys,

We're going back to a few months when I decided to format my drive and and afterwards I realized it's now running on windows 32bit,my original one was 64 which meant my laptop used 4GB of ram but now it can only use 3GB,besides it's just so slow and hopeless most of the times.

So as it says I'm after a copy of vista 64bit,any help would be appreciated.

Note: yes I understand that I can buy one online,but since I have the serial code stock to the back of the laptop,I can't see the benefits of going down that road and buying a new one.

Cheers
James

try amazon.com..reasonable prices or just google.com your request..you NEED a new cd with its own cd key mate...otherwise it's illegal and MS servers CAN figure out what serial is valid and which isnt and which ones are in use..eventually you will need a brand new CD key anyways...but if you are having troubles..try calling Microsoft if you have your original cd and cdkey that came with your computer

B

Blades said:
try amazon.com..reasonable prices or just google.com your request..you NEED a new cd with its own cd key mate...otherwise it's illegal and MS servers CAN figure out what serial is valid and which isnt and which ones are in use..eventually you will need a brand new CD key anyways...but if you are having troubles..try calling Microsoft if you have your original cd and cdkey that came with your computer

B

He has the valid licence key - it came with his PC, what he's short of is the media, which is a common issue because no manufacturer ships install discs any more only recovery discs (or worse a recovery partition from which you can make recovery discs if you're aware). Thank the lord for my MSDN subscription through work, it's dug me out of more than one hole like this.

Contrary to popular belief MS have no idea where you obtained the media you installed from - all they know is whether the key used to activate it is one issued by them and if it's already been activated or not.

MS UK don't give a monkey's chuff about you having the valid key and no install media, in fact because it will be an OEM copy they won't even support you, that's part of the OEM agreement that the manufacturer takes on support - try the manufacturer of the laptop - that would be your best bet.

I c...thnx for clarification ;-)..I believe if you call the manufacturer..they should help you get their version of their OS..works for Dell and HP ;-)

B

n1vlo said:
ignore this....but how much ram have you got allocated to your display adapter

Not sure what you mean mate but just had a look at task manager and got these numbers:

Physical memory(MB)
Total: 3061
Cached: 1388
Free: 67

Kernel Memory(MB)
Total: 230
Paged: 144
Nonpaged:86

3GB or ram isnt bad..if thats max of course..if you can do everything with Linux/Unix..go with that mate!..windows can be evil if you dont know how to fix it in a timely manner!... :lol:
But be prepared for a medium learning curve on Linux/Ubuntu
B

Back
Top Bottom