Need Help in Identifying a Smell

I've never used Aftershave or Cologne but I do have an EDT my wife likes me to wear - Boss Orange, and I'd like to find something similar.

This site

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/hugo-boss-orange-man-eau-de-toilette-spray_1_177223.html

describes it as:

Top Notes: Powerfully uplifting and positive, accords of Crisp Apple and Coriander awaken the senses.
Heart Notes: The resinous notes of Frankincense and Szechuan Pepper infuse the blend with a lingering warmth.
Base Notes: The soulful optimism of Vanilla Bean is rounded out with the rough masculinity of Bubinga Wood, creating a lasting impression of positivity and liberation.

To me it smells 'orangey' but I'm a pretty simple guy. I do like the smell though and so does the wife, but of course it's way to strong for post-shave.

Can those, and that's everyone, more experienced than me point me towards an after-shave or cologne that might meet the bill?

Many thanks

YorkNeil said:
To me it smells 'orangey' but I'm a pretty simple guy. I do like the smell though and so does the wife, but of course it's way to strong for post-shave.

Sorry but I'm confused by this. If you like the smell why not just buy some Hugo Boss Orange aftershave lotion?

Then again you say (above) that it is too strong for post-shave. Do you mean the scent or the actual EDT in terms of splashing/spraying on your face afterwards.

Probably just me being dim but I wouldn't mind this just being made clear. :blush:

Pig Cat said:
YorkNeil said:

Sorry but I'm confused by this. If you like the smell why not just buy some Hugo Boss Orange aftershave lotion?

Looking for similar not same - a more classic scent

Then again you say (above) that it is too strong for post-shave. Do you mean the scent or the actual EDT in terms of splashing/spraying on your face afterwards.

This EDT straight to the face is wildly painful.

Probably just me being dim but I wouldn't mind this just being made clear. :blush:

Not dim:icon_razz:

Firstly, you shouldn't be applying EDT straight to the face especially after a shave. That's a bad idea and will sting a lot.

Want something Orangey but with a touch more class. Try Creed Orange Spice, one of their older EDT's. It'll cost you and it is currently out of stock from their online shop but it will give you that something a bit more unique.

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/products/fragrances-for-men/orange-spice

andyjreid said:
Firstly, you shouldn't be applying EDT straight to the face especially after a shave. That's a bad idea and will sting a lot.

Yep - won't be trying that again.

Want something Orangey but with a touch more class. Try Creed Orange Spice, one of their older EDT's. It'll cost you and it is currently out of stock from their online shop but it will give you that something a bit more unique.

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/products/fragrances-for-men/orange-spice

Thanks - That would fit the bill - but way out of my budget

Might be worth trying to source a sample from somewhere just in case.

Don't write it off because of cost. Remember it'll last you years. So in the long run it will cost you less than bog roll.

If you can find 'Florida Water' that is quitey orangey.

£2 for about 200ml from market stalls or shops catering for your local Carribean / African community.

At that price you can bath in it.

Also good for bring good Ju Ju.

Back
Top Bottom