Nanny's Soft Soap

i had a little trouble at first with it.

now i scrape a little off and put it in hand (havent gotten around to get a bowl or skuttle yet)

and treat it like a cream.

goes creamy for me or light foamy when i havent latherd it too well.

i think im definatly going to choose a hard soap instead next time

I treat the soft soap as a cream and lather it in a bowl. Needs a little more water than usual adding a little at a time and I produce a really thick creamy lather with it. Worth persevering - it's a great product.

I use nanny's soft lime soap regularly and can't say it needs treated vastly differently to creams or hard soaps, like any other it needs careful attention to adding the right amount of water.
One tip is to smear a generous splodge of soap across the base of a shaving mug/bowl before starting lathering - I just find it helps it lather up faster.

Agree with the above recommendations for bowl use. I just cut(scoop) a slice out of the tin and press it to the bottom of my bowl. Works well.

Ps bowl is in a hot water bath that seems to help.

Fido said:
I treat the soft soap as a cream and lather it in a bowl. Needs a little more water than usual adding a little at a time and I produce a really thick creamy lather with it. Worth persevering - it's a great product.

+1 you need to go slow with Nannys soaps and I would recommend to start with a drier brush than normal... Excellent product!

Mikael said:
Fido said:

+1 you need to go slow with Nannys soaps and I would recommend to start with a drier brush than normal... Excellent product!

+1 found i need to have brush a lot dryer as well

Back
Top Bottom