Nanas soap, a revisal

A while ago i bought some of nanas yushu soap, juniper berry anyway i wasn't too kind with what i thought of it.

Anyway brought it out today as it's been a while, lo and behold it whipped up a treat, and armed with the slant bar has given me one of my closest shaves with just two passes.
I found it to be very cushioning, almost too much i had to water it down if anything, plus it's one of the rare few that doesn't tickle my face which i find very annoying.

I think where i went wrong was too much water, plus i wasn't aggressive enough with the soap, it's soft texture made me go light, when in fact it should have been the opposite.

So apologies i shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so fast, so thanks nana i will be buying more once i've used up my rotation.

I had a similar thing, but it was my bad method.

Used more soap but scooping a little on my finger and spread it on my face and BOOM, lather explosion!

Great soaps that I will be buying more of for sure once my current stash dies down.

Dipesh said:
I had a similar thing, but it was my bad method.

Used more soap but scooping a little on my finger and spread it on my face and BOOM, lather explosion!

Yes, because this is neither cream nor soap I agree that, when face-lathering, a blob smeared around the chops first is a good way of doing things.

Nana? you sure?

nanamouskouri1.jpg

Arrowhead said:
I was thinking Zola, but decided it was better not to say anything.

PC: it's soap, innit? Soft, creamy soap.

Well it's not hard soap that you swirl the brush around and around. And neither is it as runny as cream that you blob the brush in. I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I try that I get too little or too much. I just find it easier to scoop a blob out. Look, I've been off-line for a day so am a bit out of practice at writing anything coherent shave-wise. Well, even worse than usual. :roll:

It took me a few weeks to get the best out of it too, I will put a splash of water on top of it now and leave it to soak as long as i soak the brush for.

Least i could do, im big enough to admit when im wrong.

Just had another great shave, the brush kinda looked like a mr whippy cone, very little there but very little was needed, just a splash of water before it touched my mush.

Superb.

Back
Top Bottom