my scent quest

I have for a month or so been trying to find a good post shave treatment (for lack of a better word) and so after trying several aftershave balms and lotions I have decided to go with bull dog original after shave balm and now I am looking for some scent to put over this as it doesn't have a strong scent that would mix and smell awful anyway I also bought several 5ml samples of after shave and here are the ones I liked the smell of :

Tobs shaving shop, DR Harris sandalwood, pashana original, tobs No 74 traditional, musgo real classic,

my question for all those who would like to help is are these scents all available as edt or edc and if so how do they compare to the asl

thanks

EDT isn't applied to face as it has largest perfum content so lasts longest, AS is less concentrated and may have ingredients more condusive to applying to raw flesh but the scent is usually fleeting.

I always become confused on the terms. This has help me:
These terms refer to the strength of the fragrance, or more specifically, to how much high grade alcohol and/or water that has been added to the fragrance oils. Parfum (generally the most concentrated form you can buy) has 15-25% perfume oil dissolved in alcohol. Any mixture with a lower proportion of oil to alcohol is known as an Eau.

Eau Fraiche (Usually 3% or less perfume oil)
Eau de cologne - EDC (2 - 5% perfume oil)
Eau de toilette - EDT (4 - 10% perfume oil)
Eau de parfum - EDP (8 - 15% perfume oil)
Soie de Parfum (15 - 18% perfume oil)
PARFUM (15 - 25% -- also sometimes referred to as Extract or Extrait)
Perfume oil (15-30% perfume oil in an oil rather than alcohol base)

You may also see the term Parfum de Toilette. Most companies use this term to describe a concentration that is either the same as Eau De Parfum, or between Eau De Parfum and Parfum.

The 3 most common perfume fragrances you will purchase are:

PARFUM - This is one of the strongest perfume fragrance available. This means that you need to use less and the fragrance will last much longer depending on skin type. Will last 6 to 8 hours.

EAU DE PARFUM - EDP This is lighter than the Parfum and is less expensive, but still has long lasting fragrance smell. Will last from 3 to 5 hours.

EAU DE TOILETTE - EDT This is a lighter fragrance and is therefore most used for the casual everyday use. It is less expensive than Eau de Parfum. Will lasts for 2 to 4 hours.

Thanks for the info I had no idea that there were so many different kinds and I always thought that edc would be stronger than edt so thanks for correcting me on that.
I was just wondering of anyone had tried the edt or edc versions of the after shaves I listed (if they are available as edt or edc that is) and how they compare in terms of fragrance with the after shave as i know some aftershaves can differ significantly from their edt/edc counterpart.

Back
Top Bottom