my new straight

hi guys after waiting awhile for it to come i finally got my japanese straight am looking for a wee bit of help as to hone and strop this it came with a 12k Chinese water stone am no sure wat to do know if use could help that would b great thanks

[attachment=2]

Attachments

• IMG_20101111_162747 (640x482) (640x482).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 244
  • IMG_20101111_162941 (640x482).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 242
  • IMG_20101111_162801 (640x482).jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 243
Is that a box or the stone its sitting on?

If its the stone then it ain't what is generally referred to as the Chinese 12K.

Ivan uses Japanese straight hopefully he can advise how best to hone, but I'm sure Neil would be well able to get it shave ready for you if needs be.

Thought I'd put in a word for Tom Blodgett (jendeindustries) if you ever fancy putting it in for a professional honing. This should be right up his street I'd have thought ... mind you it might well come back far too dangerous to shave with. ;)

Did you also send this to Neil as you did the Butterfield? Anyway, I'm curious what you think about them which one you prefer western versus straight. The latter takes some getting used to if you need shave with both hands for traditionally it is done with the right.

hi Ivan waiting on Neil doing my Butterfield just now he's been away on holiday. Getting new wooden scales on the Butterfield should look nice when finished, as soon as its back will get some pics up. Was thinking of sending the Kimosori to Neil to get honed but not sure about the razor at all. I also have a Feather Japanese Straight coming soon.

Nice! I'm curious to know what kind of wood will be used. I used to have BluePakka for Dovo but didn't have it for too long.

What's wrong with the kamisori? It didn't look damaged to me.

As far as the Feather straight those are known to be extremely sharp. So much so it's unforgiving. I have no experience with so I can't vouch for the claims.
In any case, let us know which of the razors you like best.

Back
Top Bottom