my new razor (and sweet)

Matt--thats an amazing razor!..please share the place you got it from.. :hungrig
I hope you didnt bite the missing tip off it!.. :shock:
Anyways...make it look cooler... :lol:

Many years of enjoyment
Blades

Wow! I love how they look and Martin seems to be good vendor with lots of nice blades. I allways seems to go for vintage though (it´s new, TI:s historic blades, right?), but one of these days ... :D

Cheers guys, it certainly is a 'looker'

@Mikael, It is indeed a new forging in the le grelot style (its a good heavy blade with a really stiff grind)

I cant wait to finish work and have a shave :lol:
(6 months ago, I would never ever have said that)

I do have a question though, what is the barbers notch for?

Matt

matt31 said:
I do have a question though, what is the barbers notch for?

Matt

Well, no one knows for sure. Some says it´s for wiping lather off easier/more safe, some say you could shave your nose hair with it. I dunno, but it looks cool :D

That is beautiful. I guessed rasurpur from the little can of balistol that came with it :)

Anyone know a good source of bigger sized cans of this stuff?

there are loads on ebay both aerosol and normal 'pour-y' bottles in a truly dazzling array of sizes including 10 litres :shock:

I know its good and has thousands of uses - but 10L ?

Firstly, I may as well be the dissenting voice but I'm not so keen on dyed woods - sorry. That said it's a certainty that it will look much better in real life. At first glance I took it for an unusual micarta.

Secondly, there are any number of ideas about the barber's notch, none of them wholly convincing. Here's a few more: it makes the razor easier to open; it makes it possible for a barber to open it one handed (on a waistcoat pocket for instance); it's purely decorative; it's a mark of superior quality originating in the Sheffield industry, and it was put there by mischievous cutlers of yore to baffle future generations. Take yer pick.

Back
Top Bottom