My New Boars

Hmm, I think I'll order a white 26mm horsey for a trial. They look good to be honest although it's better to have a recommendation from a forum member.

But what would you do with it? Hold the knot in your hand, or a makeshift handle?
I hand-carve my own handles from wood. I fashion a blank from suitable wood with an axe, drill a knot hole using a forstner bit then carve the shape with a knife. This one is 11 years old and carved from the branch of an Ash tree near my old house. The council lopped off the limb and I took the wood.

52788042720_b5f1c64116_w.jpg

Hmm, I think I'll order a white 26mm horsey for a trial. They look good to be honest although it's better to have a recommendation from a forum member.
My record isn't very impressive when you remember the Culmak debacle. Both my Boti horse knots are brown.....27mm High Density.

Last edited:
I hand-carve my own handles from wood. I fashion a blank from suitable wood with an axe, drill a knot hole using a forstner bit then carve the shape with a knife. This one is 11 years old and carved from the branch of an Ash tree near my old house. The council lopped off the limb and I took the wood.

View attachment 104000
If your carving hand tires then consider this for around £40

Mini Wood Lathe Machine

1681574352492.png

Last edited:
Omega for me will always be the Boar Daddy. Some will say Zenith and others Semogue but the big boar knot in my Omega 20102 is the best I’ve used. My Zenith boar’s hairs are all skew whiff and point in all directions. Not so the Omega. Unbleached boar hair perfection. Gawn yersels Omega!

I do have a muckle 30mm boar from Boti that looks quite good. Will try and sort a handle for it some time before 2030 but that’s a tight deadline for me. :ROFLMAO:

Omega for me will always be the Boar Daddy. Some will say Zenith and others Semogue but the big boar knot in my Omega 20102 is the best I’ve used. My Zenith boar’s hairs are all skew whiff and point in all directions. Not so the Omega. Unbleached boar hair perfection. Gawn yersels Omega!

I do have a muckle 30mm boar from Boti that looks quite good. Will try and sort a handle for it some time before 2030 but that’s a tight deadline for me. :ROFLMAO:
Shave Forge boar knots are the best on the planet, that's all I use now, but they only come in three sizes.

That may stop with use, it's no good if you don't use it.
Ya know....I tried that. However, the damned brush would JUST not stop shedding..Seriously. So...I did just what most people didn't want. I used it for more shaves...and GUESS WHAT? MORE SHITTY SHAVES. To hell with this shaving outlet. They are as far as I can see a very good company with a very inferior product.

Ya know....I tried that. However, the damned brush would JUST not stop shedding..Seriously. So...I did just what most people didn't want. I used it for more shaves...and GUESS WHAT? MORE SHITTY SHAVES. To hell with this shaving outlet. They are as far as I can see a very good company with a very inferior product.
I really should apologize for my rant. It was the result of frustration and a wish that the brush would just stop the shedding. My other boar brushes all work very well and don't lose hair at all. So again sorry for blowing up at, really when you think about it, not much at all.

Back
Top Bottom