My Mrs, bless her ...

Thinking about it, the fish cakes under discussion were probably of one variety, made with both cod and haddock. Whereas the wife took the description to mean that there were two different varieties of fish cake available - on made with cod, and the other with haddock. And on that basis, she chose the ones made of haddock.

Is that correct?

Do I get a prize?

Should I try to get out more often, or perhaps take up a hobby?

Jeez guys ... like what else do you expect in a cod or haddock fishcake? That she couldn't make her mind up upon being presented with the choice of cod or haddock until she knew what was in them ... errrr, cod ... and haddock. These were not cod AND haddock fish cakes - heck, what kind of maniac does that?

There were two packs (she knew this): one cod, one haddock. Which do you want? What's in them? Well, cod ... duh! or haddock ... duh! Oh! I'll have the haddock, then. Like re-listing the single main ingredient made any difference to what the choice might be as opposed to the first time listing the choices. Maybe I should have flipped the illogical response with "salmon" and "bream"???

I think you fellas must be more in touch with the feminine side of your brains :ROFLMAO:

... which reminds me of that April Fool joke that ran in the papers a good few years ago where it had been proven that men who drank beer became more feminine because after a few, they became more emotional, lost the ability to think rationally and could not drive properly. Try that joke today, eh?

Phew! Kinda took the fun out of that one.

Jeez guys ... like what else do you expect in a cod or haddock fishcake? That she couldn't make her mind up upon being presented with the choice of cod or haddock until she knew what was in them ... errrr, cod ... and haddock. These were not cod AND haddock fish cakes - heck, what kind of maniac does that?

There were two packs (she knew this): one cod, one haddock. Which do you want? What's in them? Well, cod ... duh! or haddock ... duh! Oh! I'll have the haddock, then. Like re-listing the single main ingredient made any difference to what the choice might be as opposed to the first time listing the choices. Maybe I should have flipped the illogical response with "salmon" and "bream"???

I think you fellas must be more in touch with the feminine side of your brains :ROFLMAO:

... which reminds me of that April Fool joke that ran in the papers a good few years ago where it had been proven that men who drank beer became more feminine because after a few, they became more emotional, lost the ability to think rationally and could not drive properly. Try that joke today, eh?

Phew! Kinda took the fun out of that one.
I think people can look too hard sometimes. It was the humour of reality rather than an invented joke.

Back
Top Bottom