My first week of shaving with a safety razor

I started with a Parker 90R TTO, and didn't have any serious complaints with it. I know that the 'quality control' issues many folks site seem to be related to the TTO's and I have been looking at a few of Parker's 3 piece razors with magpie eyes for a couple of months or so ...

• There're just too many things I want to buy, and nowhere near enough money to do so.[/list:u]

I too started with a Parker 90R - apart from the doors pinging off due to slight overtightening and the head deforming under minor stress, it was ok...

I am aware of another person who bought one from the same seller as me within a week of me getting a complete dog of a razor though - one side more aggressive than a scythe, the other milder than rubbing with your finger...

If you have one that works, great. If not they can be a nightmare.

Thanks chaps.

I did read a few poor reports on the Parker razors but my experience so far has been good. Whether it has the longevity I would like is to be proven but for the time being it's good to shave with.

I did expect the 90R to be cheap and nasty but I'm pleasantly surprised. I suspect the problem producing consistant quality; some good, some bad. Hopefully I have a good one

/Phil.

I did read somewhere that the Parker razors are very much improving… That was before I made the leap into DE shaving… I was sooo tempted to buy one, but I ended up with with an Edwin Jagger, closely followed by signing up up and watching my cash pour out of my jack-see…

Enjoy the journey. :lol:

Lipsy

I have to say, I am about two weeks into this DE lark and using a parker knightsbridge / 90r and I am not too dischuffed with the thing. I still have cheeks and a nose as well as lips so something must be going right.

I wonder if there is going to a revelation moment when I move onto something else... Will be interested to see what you think when he start expanding your tool set Phil.