My first week of shaving with a safety razor

Pig Cat said:
Phil said:
Well, in places like this there's a lot of implied peer pressure to "prefer" one razor over another but I have to say that my preference is based on comfort, performance and quality.

Parker doesn't get a great deal of good press in shaving forums - it is rather 'unfashionable' for whatever reason. If you are getting on well with yours then stick with it. You can always try the Merkur (and others) as your confidence improves, but you may find you end up favouring the Parker. Glad to hear things are going well, thanks for your post! :D

I started with a Parker 90R TTO, and didn't have any serious complaints with it. I know that the 'quality control' issues many folks site seem to be related to the TTO's and I have been looking at a few of Parker's 3 piece razors with magpie eyes for a couple of months or so ...

• There're just too many things I want to buy, and nowhere near enough money to do so.[/list:u]

I too started with a Parker 90R - apart from the doors pinging off due to slight overtightening and the head deforming under minor stress, it was ok...

I am aware of another person who bought one from the same seller as me within a week of me getting a complete dog of a razor though - one side more aggressive than a scythe, the other milder than rubbing with your finger...

If you have one that works, great. If not they can be a nightmare.

Thanks chaps.

I did read a few poor reports on the Parker razors but my experience so far has been good. Whether it has the longevity I would like is to be proven but for the time being it's good to shave with.

I did expect the 90R to be cheap and nasty but I'm pleasantly surprised. I suspect the problem producing consistant quality; some good, some bad. Hopefully I have a good one :cool:

/Phil.

I did read somewhere that the Parker razors are very much improving… That was before I made the leap into DE shaving… I was sooo tempted to buy one, but I ended up with with an Edwin Jagger, closely followed by signing up up and watching my cash pour out of my jack-see…

Enjoy the journey. :lol:

Lipsy

I have to say, I am about two weeks into this DE lark and using a parker knightsbridge / 90r and I am not too dischuffed with the thing. I still have cheeks and a nose as well as lips so something must be going right.

I wonder if there is going to a revelation moment when I move onto something else... Will be interested to see what you think when he start expanding your tool set Phil.

Back
Top Bottom