My first ingrown. Grrrrrr...

Just noticed I've got a ingrown hair on the bottom on my chin.

It bloody hurts! I'm going to try the brush trick and a drop of spot cream for a few nights.

Wonder what caused it? I've recently switched to a vintage razor (60 SS Flairtip) for the past few shaves. Never had this with my beloved 33C.

Bad luck Dipesh, I rarely get them these days since switching to the DE routine, but rightly or wrongly I get out the tweezers and nab the buggers. I've heard that this is not the best thing to do but it's bloody satisfying when you pull one out.

I'm a bit stumped to why to be honest. it's my first one with DE shaving so far.

Spot cream is no on, see how it goes. This bugger is too painful to attack with tweezers!

One thing you definitely shouldn't do is shave over the area until it's all cleared up.

Anytime I get irritation, I just leave that area unshaved - looks like a bit silly with a patch of hair on your face but there's no irritation!

This is where the hot towel cream comes into it's own, I don't think it has any value other than for this. Rub the cream over the skin, and any ingrown hairs just lift to the surface where you can wipe them away. Works like magic for me.

It's easy to over shave that area as you try and negotiate the razor head around the contours of your chin. I tend to shave in short strokes to the point of the chin, pick it up again from behind the point of the chin and just shave across the grain to pick up the missed bits, that just enables me to keep a steady angle throughout.

Thanks guys.

Seems to be getting better today after the spot cream. Shave around it quite well too. You can hardly tell I've missed that bit!

Back
Top Bottom