My first DE shave

Hi,

I finally finished my first shave and I am typing this without a single cut on my face.
:D

I had initially thought to wait a little more because the alum bar and badgers brush I ordered had not come yet and I am planning to place an order for the bay rum . But I could not wait any longer.

So I decided to go ahead with my merkur 25c (With the merkur blade which came in free with it) and taylor of bond street shaving cream

The lathering was good but not great. It might be my technique or the old boar brush I am using. I can only comment on this after I get my badgers brush.

But even this not so awesome lather was 200 times better than the goo in the can I have. Need to donate that to some one now as I am not planning to touch it with a 10 ft pole from now.

I was a little scared to shave because I alreay had a little beard and not a stubble (Its been two weeks since I shaved) but thought what the hell and proceeded.

I am so relieved that I did proceed.

The razor just glided through my beard without any pull at all it was so clean so smooth unbeleivable and I cannot explain it in words.

I did feel a little pull when I tried to shave near the cleft area but I am sure it is because my technique is not right yet.

After the shave and the long cold water rinse my face was feeling awesome.

Did not get a BBS and I am not hoping to get it anytime soon.

Also need to map the growth of my beard as near my neck I can still feel some roughness.

I only went for two passes as I did not want to take too much of risk. Just want my skin to know the new beast.

The best part I wanted to say is regarding my acne. (Yeah I have a heavey acne skin even at this age).

I had kind of agreed with myself that the acnes would be cut and there is no other way. But I was wrong. The blade just glided on top of them without cutting even one of it.

So all you guys who are afraid of DE shaving because of acne I tell you that DE is the best way of shaving for acne.

Cheers
Shamreez

Well done Shamreez. What soap and razor did you use out of interest?

shamreez said:
Did not get a BBS and I am not hoping to get it anytime soon.

Yeah, no need to try for that yet, 2 passes is plenty. I only shave with 2 passes every day, only going for a third once in a while.

Hi So finally my badger brush arrived today and I thought of breaking it in using the tips given by fido.

So washed it soaked it for an hour and just lathered it in a bowl with very little soap.

The amount of lather which came (That too so soon) is amazing. You have to experience it to believe it.

It is thick creamy lather and I am loving it.

And to think that this is from a £6.5 (Including postage) badger brush which I picked from ebay..

I dont think I would be going for a different brush soon....

Now just waiting for the lather to dry (I am planning to clean the brush tomorrow morning) and than to leave it to dry in a stand

Need to see how much this blooms (I am not sure if a badger blush would take more time to bloom or the first breaking would be enough)

well was not technichally my first one
Used to do DE shaving long back in college.

Got a razor which was writtne Old Spice than recently I came to know that Old Spice never made razors.

So might be a knock off
It did perform ok though (When you compare to the cartridge ones)

I got a badger brush for the same price, absolute bargain and provides a fantastic lather. I started de shaving not long ago and find that my shaves are getting better and better as my technique improves. So keep going.

Back
Top Bottom