My first DE shave....

Thanks Paul same name as my son. I have just been browsing the Connaught web site.
I found Shave Cut Healing Gel by Proaso, not that I will need this, handy to know it's available.
I like the look of the Merkur Futur Adjustable Safety Razor in Shiny Chrome Finish, do you recommend this as my second razor?

Last edited:
Thanks Paul same name as my son. I have just been browsing the Connaught web site.
I found Shave Cut Healing Gel by Proaso, not that I will need this, handy to know it's available.
I like the look of the Merkur Futur Adjustable Safety Razor in Shiny Chrome Finish, do you recommend this as my second razor?
Sorry Andy I have not used this razor so could not offer an opinion on it. I'm sure there will be someone out there who has one who will be in a better position to answer your question.

As the Mercur is adjustable it appeals to me, I may need avoid aggressive razors, the Hone seems more appealing from what you have told me, not just yet though. Cheers ....

If you are after an adjustable razor there is one I can comment on because I own one and that is a vintage Gellette fat boy, it is a fantastic razor, Settings 1 to 9 , in my opinion probably one of the best razors ever made...... Now that's a statement!

If you are after an adjustable razor there is one I can comment on because I own one and that is a vintage Gellette fat boy, it is a fantastic razor, Settings 1 to 9 , in my opinion probably one of the best razors ever made...... Now that's a statement!

I did a search for them on evil bay this morning, I'll have to keep an eye out for one, I've got to know, how many razors do you have in your collection? A good question for a new topic on here...

I did a search for them on evil bay this morning, I'll have to keep an eye out for one, I've got to know, how many razors do you have in your collection? A good question for a new topic on here...
There's a fatboy in reasonably good shape on eBay right now. I searched for safety razors and found it. UK seller.

Back
Top Bottom