My DE cull is complete

I just sent off the last DE razor in my collection. My trusty Feather AS-D2, which I love(d) has been sold via the BST forum and I am now a fully fledged SE guy.

My only razor is now my Cobra Classic, but I do have a limited edition teakwood Artist SS in the post.

My question is, what blades do you like and why? I've only used the Feather Pros so far and really like them.

Oh! How I WISH I was like you! I have been culling my DE razors with the intention of settling on my Cobra, a bunch of straights and two Feather AC razors (one folding and one Kamisori style).

This week I gave in and ordered a new DE razor - the iKon slant!

I will try, really I will!

David

If I could only have one it would be the cobra, but I do like the variation between that, my DEs and my straights - It would be a cruel world that took me down to one razor.

I've used Feather Pros and the Dorcos, not much in it between the two, the feathers maybe last a bit better and I'd say were maybe a tad smoother, but they are also double the price of the dorcos, unless Mark manages to wangle you some for the same price in place of the Samsungs you ordered :) I've never tried the super-pro and after reading about the exploits of a few others on here, I probably never will.

I've also had a scraping with a Pro-guard to see how that performed but I wasn't smitten, but I did everything the wrong way around, learning with the Pro blade rather than the Pro-guard.

I am a bit gutted I sold the Feather AS-D2. It gave a lovely shave. I just hardly ever used it after the Cobra arrived.

davidb said:
Oh! How I WISH I was like you! I have been culling my DE razors with the intention of settling on my Cobra, a bunch of straights and two Feather AC razors (one folding and one Kamisori style).

David

That I will.
Thinking about your cull, I may need to perform a similar cull. I have razors that I've never tried. I went on a buying spree when I first got into this lark. I exclusively use my as-d1 which I have done so for at least the last year and some.

I better get posting on the bat.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on a comparison between the D1 and D2. You should do a half and half shave comparison.

davidb said:

David

The Slant has got me sweating. I don't know if I'll resist.

Johnnie Stark said:
After my grand announcement about quitting DE razors, I ordered the Ikon Slant.....

Rude not to, in my opinion.

I did the same. Not culled, but did impose an embargo on further purchases. Couldn't resist the Ikon slant, especially as I have two spare Ikon handles that need a head....

Jon

Now I don't feel as bad! Can't wait to try it out.

jds said:
Johnnie Stark said:
After my grand announcement about quitting DE razors, I ordered the Ikon Slant.....

Rude not to, in my opinion.

I did the same. Not culled, but did impose an embargo on further purchases. Couldn't resist the Ikon slant, especially as I have two spare Ikon handles that need a head....

Jon

Back
Top Bottom